Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum

Kanada Kev

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, but this team just missed the playoffs. And right or wrong, we basically have the same team. So, hopefully with a little luck and a few less injuries, we can make the playoffs.

Totally. And once you're in the playoffs, all bets are off. Look at Edmonton two seasons ago.

Don't come in this thread again ... oh wait' date=' you won't be in here, so you won't be reading it.[/quote']

Because of my post, karma bit me in the ass a couple of hours later. I went into Rogers to get my high-def box and blah blah blah, I am getting fucking shitty Leafs TV as part of my package.

You didn't get CBC as part of your old package?

Guest Low Roller

So the Leafs signed Tony Salmalainen after the Habs bought out his contract, and now he's been placed on waivers by those very same Leafs.

I love JFJ.

Guest Low Roller

I don't know. It just seems like a futile move. Then again the Leafs do have a fairly depleted farm system....

Listen- Can't I just fucking hate JFJ in peace?

One of the things JFJ has done well in the post-lockout era is to have experienced NHL players on the Marlies. Look at who Ottawa and Montreal call up when the injury bug strikes - young, green talent who aren't ready for prime time. The Leaves call up guys like Boyd Devereaux (note the Cup ring).

Guest Low Roller

The Leafs better be good at signing experienced guys because they certainly are putrid at developing a comprehensive farm system.

Speaking of which, Jamie Rivers is refusing to report to the Bulldogs after bring cut by the Habs.

good article on Maurice in the Toronto Star today. I like what he said, he actually sounds pretty smart. What he said makes a lot of sense

Missing the playoffs in his first season on the very last day has left Maurice more reflective than cynical over the criticism his team has faced and perhaps that's because very little was directed at him personally, particularly compared with his immediate superior, GM John Ferguson.

"Last year was necessary," he said bluntly. "If we had made the playoffs and even not won, everybody would feel a lot more comfortable.

"But I'm not sure we'd be any better."

Guest Low Roller

Hmm... perhaps my blind hatred of him is clouding my critical reasoning capabilities. Let's start over.

*clear throat*

He had no real power when he kept trading his draft picks? This past year's draft the Leafs highest pick was 74th overall after trading their first round pick for a goalie for a second year in a row.