Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum

Kanada Kev

We can look at the positives... Blake looked really good and quick his first game... the entire first line was dominant at times... i repeat... at times. I like White as a defenceman and the Steen line looked pretty good as well...

on the opposite side now i ask.. where the hell was Darcy Tucker tonight? Didnt even notice him on the ice.... Hal Gill... while I admit Booche, i thought he might be a good pick up at the beginning of last year I can honestly say an 8 year old can skate faster than him...

Im sure we'll see Toskala tomorrow night...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the opposite side now i ask.. where the hell was Darcy Tucker tonight? Didnt even notice him on the ice....

I think Tucker is a pretty over-rated player. I mean, sure he knocked in 20-something goals last year, but most of those were done from the side of the net, tapping in perfect passes from Sundin or Wellwood while on the powerplay. Shit, even Tie Domi could have managed that. Defensively, Tucker's a liability. Check out his +/- from last season. Sure, he's got fire and spark, but it doesn't translate into goals often enough.

Overall, it was a pretty good game for the Leafs. Too bad about the OT loss, but they played a very solid game. Even thought they took the play to the Sens for most of the game and I loved the physical play that they came out with. How about Jason Blake? Wow, he is speedy and physical. I was pretty concerned when they were starting Raycroft in net, but Maurice's explanation made sense. Let round 2 begin. Btw, Heatley is worth every penny.

"Head coach Paul Maurice would not confirm his starting goaltender for tonight's game - a practice he plans on continuing throughout the regular season."

The media is just going to eat this up and it's going to cause such a distraction to the team. Ahhhh hockey in TO is back :)