Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum

Kanada Kev

For an asswipe who gets so much time on the powerplay, there's no way he should have a negative in the +/- column.

I dont know how many times this has to be pointed out in Rich Stadium (probably because most of you are potheads with little memory left) but special teams dont count in the +\- department, unless it is a shorthanded goal it will go against the players on the ice.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCabe finally gets an OT winning goal !! ! ! !

I just wish fucknuts could figure out which goal he's supposed to put it in dammit.

I have absolutely NO SYMPATHY for this turd. If that's not a sign to bench the fucker than I don't know what is. Send him to the minors to figure thiings out. He's a complete LIABILITY at this point.

tell me about this 'trying to score on his own net' scenario. did he fire a shot or something or was it more of a mistake?

From

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Toronto/2007/10/16/4580403-sun.html

The evening came to a humiliating end when Bryan McCabe, attempting to clear the puck from out in front of the Leafs net, drilled it off both goal posts before it trickled across the goal line with just 3.7 seconds remaining.

Aloha,

Brad

Almost exactly the same thing happened at the end of the third. He shot the puck at the net and just missed putting it in. Then five minutes later he does the same thing and scores.

That's hard to forgive. Especially because it looked like Raycroft was pissed the first time he did it and after the whistle threw his stick in the air and gave McCabe and earful.

He's either a complete idiot for doing it the second time, or he was actually trying to make his team lose.

Relax, Bryan McCabe. When it comes to "own goals", you're not alone:

Chris Phillips, Ottawa Senators

Scored what would go down as Anaheim's Cup-winning goal in Game 5 of last June's Stanley Cup final, the defenceman losing the puck off Senators goalie Ray Emery's skate as he wheeled out from behind his own net.

Jonathan Woodgate, Real Madrid

Welcome to the Bernabeu, Jonny: an own-goal header AND a red card in his debut for Real in 2005.

Andres Escobar, Colombia

Tragic figure whose OG propelled host United States into knockout round and shuffled favoured Colombia out of 1994 World Cup. Ten days later, he was shot and killed outside a Medellin nightclub.

Staf van den Buys, Germinal Ekeren (Belgium)

Patron saint of own goalers scored an astounding hat trick into his own net during a 1996 Belgian League game against Anderlecht.

Gary Mabbutt, Tottenham

A cross deflects in off his knee, and history: Own goal in extra time to give Coventry City the 1987 FA Cup title.

Steve Smith, Edmonton Oilers

His pass from behind the net went off Grant Fuhr's leg into the net during Game 7 of the 1986 playoffs against Calgary, sending the dynastic Oilers out of the playoffs and denying them a third straight Stanley Cup.

Chris Nicholl, Aston Villa

Scored all four goals in a 2-2 draw against Leicester in 1976.

Jim Marshall, Minnesota Vikings

Recovered a fumble and ran 66 yards the wrong way for what he thought was a TD but went on the scoreboard as a safety against San Francisco in 1964.

You could add me to that list. ;)

When I was in grade 7 I rebounded a ball off a missed free throw attempt and layed it back in to the basket. Only, it wasnt the right basket. I did get kudos after the game from Jerry Howarth though, who's son was on the other team. :P

Edit to add: Luckily, we won by one point.

Edited by Guest

Finally, a great all around game. Toskala also played great and finally won us a game. Excellent job coming back from a 2 goal deficit. McCabe's goal was a beauty. It would be nice to see more of that. Can't say enough about Sundin and Antropov, those guys have been carrying us lately in the scoring department. Definately love the energy that Gamache brings to the team. I am looking forward to Saturday night's game to see how well Patrick Kane is playing.

And as an answer to a great all around game, they proceed to be consistent and BLOW a game that they should have won. I'm glad I PVR'd it and could skip through the pain quickly.

First period was pretty good with the SH goal by Sundin and the work of Antropov. The rest was shite.

I'm telling ya, there's money to be made selling brown paper bags to wear over your head down at the ACC.