Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum

Kanada Kev

Guest Low Roller

Prior to last night's game, the Leafs played five games in a row where their opponents used their backup goalie. Since Atlanta's starting goalie is injured, that would now make it 6 games in a row.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird game last night. I gotta say, the last 10 mins of the 3rd period and the OT were SO MUCH FUN TO WATCH. Teams were going all out and it was like a frenzy on ice.

Shootout is fun too, but it doesn't really make it feel like there's a true "winner" of the game.

I'm still amazed at the improvement in play by Antropov.

Kovalchuk is a joy to watch on the ice. His speed and agility is mind-boggling. That goal in the shootout was quite incredible.

Speaking of the shootout, wtf is the rule when it comes to goalies attacking the shooter? That was no fucking poke-check. If THAT was allowed, i'd be putting Belak in net during the shootout and just get him to jump on any shooter coming at him and take them out :)

Gotta unload him. Who do you get in the meantime? That's the big question. They need somebody with proven success and experience and give them ample enough control to get this team's shit together.

It's almost as if they need to blow it up and build from a young core. I heard shit today that if they could get Sundin to agree to it, they could use him as trade-bait with his numbers and performance so far ('cause it ain't gonna last forever) but will that really solve anything? Would the fans tolerate it?

I'm glad the game is on Leaf TV tonight ... i don't get it ... i don't have to suffer :P I REFUSE to pay to watch the Leafs on TV.

When JFJ started in Toronto he proclaimed he was going to rebuild the team from scratch. Then he decided to trade away all the draft picks he could and signed some bad free agents. He went into saving his ass mode right away.

The board of governors has a lot of control over that team. It will take someone with big kahoonas to tell them to stay out of his business while they rebuild.

The board of governors has a lot of control over that team.

I would go so far as to say they have ALL the control over that team. What was that deal this summer with trying to find a mentor for JFJ, let it be publicly known but hired no one??????

This is worse than Harold Ballard and I love it.

MLSE lets the Raptors control their decisions. That is all.

Guest Low Roller

Too bad that Tlusty is the ONLY 1st rounder they can call up.

I will harp on this point forever: JFJ is an idiot for trading away all the 1st round picks! Here is a summary of the first round bloodbath since he took over as Leafs' GM.

2007: 1st round pick traded for Vesa Toskala (G)

2006: Jiri Tlusty selected!

2005: Tuukka Rask selected. Traded for Andrew Raycroft (G), June 24th, 2006

2004: 1st round pick traded (with two prospects, Russian defenseman Maxim Kondratiev and Finnish center Jarkko Immonen) AND their second-round pick in 2005 for Brian "old fuck" Leetch (D) and a conditional pick.

Not to mention that the organization traded their 2003 first round pick for Owen Nolan.

Has anyone pointed out that Brad Boyes is currently TEARING it up on the top line in St. Louis with Kariya and Tkachuk? 6 goals in 7 games.

05-Mar-03: San Jose Sharks traded Owen Nolan to the Toronto Maple Leafs for Alyn McCauley, Brad Boyes and a 1st round selection (later traded to Boston - Boston selected Mark Stuart) in 2003.