Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum

Kanada Kev

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hal,

Are you talking about the Leafs as in the players, etc.? Or talking about fans?

I'm the first to admit that they get beaten by better teams, or better teams on the given night.

I find it interesting that there is a constant outward hatred towards the Leafs and their fans and how they are labelled as obnoxious and assholes. Sure, I admit that some are that way, BUT all teams have a segment that act like that. Most people I know who follow the Leafs are not like that though. They don't instantly attack somebody based on the team they cheer for. They are more than happy to enjoy the game without resorting to petty schoolyard name-calling.

Healthy rivalries and ribbing are fun. Relentless trashing is boring and juvenile.

Now back to watching some games on TV (and not the Leafs ... they don't deserve my time right now).

Hal,

Are you talking about the Leafs as in the players, etc.? Or talking about fans?

I was talking about the players. Its like they're in complete denial, superficially at least, of where they stand in the league. Why not say, "we got our clocks cleaned by a really good team, hopefully we can learn by it", rather than just making silly excuses.

Not sure it would help them any, but Id respect them more. They act like every time they lose miserably its cuz of some unforseen force that unfairly stepped in and ruined their party. Maybe if the players started complaining about the other players, some things would change. Of course, it doesnt help having their captain talk about winning the cup here all the freakin time. Maybe thats my problem. Theres no dissent coming from their f'n locker room. Its like everythings all fine and dandy, and if we just squeek into that last spot, hey you never know what can happen, look at Edmonton 2 years ago.

I was talking about the players. Its like they're in complete denial, superficially at least, of where they stand in the league. Why not say, "we got our clocks cleaned by a really good team, hopefully we can learn by it", rather than just making silly excuses.

I totally agree with you. I don't know why they always interview players. Rarely do they have anything worthwhile to say. There are a few exceptions though. I remember Mogilny being one of them and he'd say some hilarious things, or take jabs at stupid questions from the media.

They seemingly are in denial too. They need to show some more life on the bench. Do something ... anything! Don't even bother talking to the media. Let the coach do it and that's all. They're getting paid to perform on the ice not in TV interviews.

Edited by Guest

So, you want an honest Leaf?

We're nowhere near where Ottawa is and I think everybody realizes that. In order to beat a team like that, you have to compete harder than them.

When asked how it was the Islanders had so much success, Blake showed how much trouble he is having adjusting to life as a Leaf.

No. 1, they have an unbelievable coach," Blake said. "Ted Nolan's the best. No. 2, we played like the Senators, that way. We weren't as talented, we weren't as big, we weren't as strong but we moved the puck. We tried to hit the open guy. No. 3, we had Brendan Witt, one of the most underrated defenceman in the league.

Hmmm ... so team jerseys should ONLY be worn when that team is playing, and in the facility where they are playing?

Wearing a hockey sweater to a hockey game isn't allowed? Strange, would have thought that it would be the most logical place to wear it.

I guess I'm now completely limited on where/when I can wear my Team Canada jersey :(

So, you want an honest Leaf?
We're nowhere near where Ottawa is and I think everybody realizes that. In order to beat a team like that, you have to compete harder than them.

When asked how it was the Islanders had so much success, Blake showed how much trouble he is having adjusting to life as a Leaf.

No. 1, they have an unbelievable coach," Blake said. "Ted Nolan's the best. No. 2, we played like the Senators, that way. We weren't as talented, we weren't as big, we weren't as strong but we moved the puck. We tried to hit the open guy. No. 3, we had Brendan Witt, one of the most underrated defenceman in the league.

Thats awesome. Where was that from? This should be a major story, but probably wont be.

Hmmm ... so team jerseys should ONLY be worn when that team is playing, and in the facility where they are playing?

Wearing a hockey sweater to a hockey game isn't allowed? Strange, would have thought that it would be the most logical place to wear it.

I guess I'm now completely limited on where/when I can wear my Team Canada jersey :(

It's a little different in Ottawa.

Sean Avery is looking to sue Howard Berger (former blogger from HockeyBuzz, go figure) because he vehemently denies the reports from Howard that were aired on The Team.

I hate everything about the Leafs.

I am extremely upset and hurt that false and damaging comments were attributed to me regarding Jason Blake. I made no such comments. I have lost two grandfathers to cancer and have been a consistent contributor to multiple cancer related charities, first and foremost, Hockey Fights Cancer. I am unable to comment further, as the matter is now being addressed by legal counsel.