Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum

Kanada Kev

Me Too. Not a chance in hell that they're gonna get me to PAY to watch a game on TV or go to a movie theatre to see it. Fuck that!

It's sick, but I sometimes secretly hope that they don't do as well on LeafTV nights.

You can always listen on the radio, or here:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=Radio

1-1 in the First.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

ps - sorry I didn't see you at the moe. show last night and good luck with your job interview

Edited by Guest

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough game last night. We took too many penalties to win.

Yeah, I only listened to a bit of the 3rd period and it sounded like an oddly refereed game (really? in the NHL? No!) At least they kept it close and it wasn't a blowout. We'll see how Crosby's Penguins fare tomorrow night.

Leafs TV is only $2.50 a month. Not that bad to see all of the games.

I know, but it's the general principal. I can't fathom that MLSE (the biggest money-making machince in the NHL) feels the need to leech more money from their fans (most of whom can't afford/obtain tix to the real thing). It's only the games on CBC that are technically free for all. You gotta pay for TSN, Sportsnet and Leafs TV. It's only the beginning. Soon it'll be like Vancouver where a fan has to pay, on average, $10 per game if they want to see the whole season.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

Bummer that the game only got them one point in the standings :(

DiPietro was fantastic! He got the Isles the extra point for sure.

Leafs were disciplined too. I can't remember when i've seen so few penalties. Good for the refs.

Battaglia is looking really good too. At least Sundin could score in the shootout.

Well, Antropov did well burying that puck that Sundin set him up with last night! Keep Nik away from the shoot out, please :)

Solid performance last night. Sundin was fantastic, and Raycroft was looking solid again ... however, i'm still nervous that he's going to collapse again.

Looking forward to seeing the Oilers and Leafs tomorrow night.

Fun game last night ... except when Frasier took away the goal from Sundin. What a load! If he felt that there was enough goaltender interference/incidental contact to negate the goal, then were the FUCK was the penalty??????

I hate it when one call can screw a game up like that.

Raycroft is no good for Shootouts! Put in the backup for those.

Easy win ... and so it should have been. That goal that Raycroft let in at the end of the second was weak. I thought he might blow it for them.

Steen Stajan O'Neil looked good last night.

Couldn't believe how few penalties there were. Toronto/Philly used to be bloodbaths.

I think that fucker Clarke is trying to make them finish in last ... what a loser.

So, TUCKER for another 3 years?

TSN.ca Staff

2/26/2007 8:27:03 AM

According to the Toronto Star, the Toronto Maple Leafs have tentatively agreed to terms on a multi-year contract with Darcy Tucker.

Tucker will earn an average of US$3-million per season for at least three years, reports the newspaper. A possible fourth year, structured around a no-trade clause, would allow the Leafs to get out from under cap implications if neccessary.

Tucker had 19 goals in 39 games for the Maple Leafs this season before injuring his foot on January 1.

Tucker has scored at least 20 goals four times in his career, and had 19 in 39 games before getting sidelined by a foot injury in late December.

Related Info

He has never won a major NHL honour, but was the AHL rookie of the year in 1996 and won three Memorial Cups with Kamloops as a junior.

Last season was Tucker's best in the NHL. He scored 28 goals and 33 assists for 61 points. He also reached topped 100 penalty minutes for the seventh time in his career.

tucker_74980.jpg