Jambands.ca

Jackfruit Tonight (Wed) in Guelph

cANDYmAN

Saw them last night, great show. Go see them.

I was also at Skool and Oh My Shit! are these boys ever a good time. Take the oppurtunity to see these guys people. Well Worth It!! I grabbed one of their cd's and haven't stopped listening to it. Smokin band they certainly can get a party going.

Thinking about hitting the Hamilton show tomorrow night because of the impression I was left with from Tuesday.

Although not many peeps made it out, they ripped it up last night. It's great to see Jackfruit come out of nowhere and establish themselves as a top canadian act to see (IMHO) and it's their first tour as a unit. The music is fresh, fun and very very well delivered. If you're thinking about going to see them this weekend, please DO SO and pass the word on. This upcoming weekend is the last stretch of this tour before they jump on their private jet ("the jackfruit jet, purchased from slammin jack") and fly into the sunset... lol.

Too bad Deeps, this wasn't a show to miss... I'll see you at the open jam next week and the one after that.

I showed up late and they'd hadn't started yet... the opening band, Duran Duran Duran I've seen in the past and they're great fun. Consisting of the members of Jackfruit and a guitarist, they do mostly covers of ween, primus, tenacious D and the odd other jem. I heard grandma had to block her ears at some points in that set... lol. It's more of an acoustic thing (from what I remember) with acoustic guitars and mandolins and is way more chilled than jackfruit.

Ya, it was a slow night last night and too bad the boys stopped early, oh well, more time to drink with them for me.