Jambands.ca

What's your Job?

Deeps

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I moved home to PEI to work with my parents and my brother in the family business. We have a Home Hardware Building Centre that sells building supplies (and all the usual stuff in a hardware store) but we also have a construction company that builds custom homes. I seem to be the only one who knows how to use the POS software (point-of-sale or piece-of-shit, interchangeable) as well as diagnose and service any network/printer problems so I get stuck in the store a lot. I am also the only inventory expert (the bane of my existence). However, there are days when I do get outside to do some deliveries or work outside on a job site. These days keep life at work interesting.

Why, just last week I was out installing a septic system. Just to confirm for everyone, yes, shit does run downhill.

;)

Edited by Guest

I am an environmental consultant (I like to call myself an environmental scientist), I clean up fuel/chemical corporations messes. It sounds like I'm doing good but it doesn't feel like I'm doing much in the grand scale of things.

on the side, I book bands for one of the greatest venues in Canada, I wish this was my full time job.

I work for the world's leading online wholesaler of building supplies. If you can order at least one pallet you can work with us to lower your costs.

I contact our sample buyers to help organize and motivate them.

Same Quality. Costs Less. End of story. is the company motto (tagline...whatever you call it)

I deal with Americans most of my day and collect no commission.

If I keep spending so much time on here i might not be at this job much longer.

I just got out of a meeting where we discussed my future at the company, as my contract is nearing its end date.

I think I will have a much more defined focus in the next 2 weeks.

Glad to finally HAVE a job. Extra glad to really like the company i work for. Amazing that i don't loathe working.

Edited by Guest
i just had a meeting about my job. curious.

Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.

Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.

Samir: Piece of shit.

I do what I can to make sure that these dudes dont lose their minds, whether I can fix the issue or not.

I'm a Fantasia Lady!! I sell sensual products via the home party plan. The world needs more orgasms... my job is to make that happen.

Who are those idiots in your avatar? I need the audio. My guess is hip hop, likely Eminem.

I want to ask them if they want to play ball hockey and then trip them repeatedly.

Who are those idiots in your avatar? I need the audio. My guess is hip hop, likely Eminem.

I want to ask them if they want to play ball hockey and then trip them repeatedly.

I think they're pretty funny... I'm considering adding that "messin up my fro" wiggle move to my repertoire of dance moves.

I send professionals to volunteer overseas in developing countries. I'm the communications advisor and so that sometimes means being spokesperson and/or writing articles to hopefully get us into big publications. I sometimes love my work but sometimes hate it because while other parts of this organization are progressive, our Canadian arm resembles government bureaucracy more than anything. We're still not as lame as CUSO though.