Jambands.ca

What's your Job?

Deeps

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sell outdoor adventure wear, equip., and such things at the Expedition Shoppe in Westboro here in Ottawa. It will suffice for now, although retail is only amusing for so long. I make the most of it. Kick ass pro-deals if anyone wants a hook up, drop me a line, come visit...it gets a little boring in there some days.

Cheers

Steph

Oh I should have mentioned, although we sell most outdoor equip, snowboarding is not one of them. We've got everything else you need like boarding Jackets, pants, gloves, and all the other little essentials. It's more of a private owned store, and we deal more with clothing, shoes, (snowshoes), backpacks, tents, sleeping bags, etc. etc.

i am a welding instructor at a college here in Toronto

QQC may get to talk about erections all day, but i discuss the importance of deep penetration ;)

I absolutely LOVE teaching people how to weld..it's cool!

I'm also working on building my own welding/fabrication business so i can move up to my land in the Haliburton Highlands permanently.

I am a life long student(presently taking paralegal studies,having previously taken fine art,english & marketing),artistic director for a not for profit community art education group,artist,community cycling and trail use activist,mother, lover, child and friend.

Some days all of the above feel like jobs-on other,brighter days they all are passions.

i am a Student at SENECA@YORK and York University getting a BA in Communications Tech and a diploma from Seneca in creative advertising.

i hope to be livingstoned one day or Donny Deutch...he's cool..i bet he has sex with really high end prostitutes.

i work part time at a small grocery store managing all their grocery inventory

Edited by Guest

I send professionals to volunteer overseas in developing countries. I'm the communications advisor and so that sometimes means being spokesperson and/or writing articles to hopefully get us into big publications. I sometimes love my work but sometimes hate it because while other parts of this organization are progressive, our Canadian arm resembles government bureaucracy more than anything. We're still not as lame as CUSO though.

Which org is this one and a hair? I work with some of them sometimes as well.

Jesus livinstoned have i ever been to golftown.....i could spend weeks in that store. It's like dying and waking up in Golf heaven.

hahaha!! I know exactly where your coming from.

Are you a leaderboard memeber? If you shop there or just love it there you should sign up - lots of perks, discounts, contests, demo events, exclusive events not open to public...etc. (Free to sign up just have to put up with the emails)

we'll if there's a gift exchange this year and I get you I'll know what to send you! :P

I have more hats than I can handle at the moment. It's interesting but way too stressful.

I'm in my 2nd year of a PhD in Education and International Development at McGill, I teach in/for the Faculty of Education to undergrads here and now overseas as a consultant, I work for the faculty as a technology and education guy (help build online courses, train instructors, etc.), I work part-time for the United Nations Institute for Training and Research in their Climate Change Programme. My new year's resolution is to stop getting roped into new projects.

i am an assitant manager for hertz rent a car at the ottawa airport. I get kick ass cars for next to nothing to go on tour with and only work sunday to wednsday. perfect job for touring on thursday friday saturdays :) and i can change my schedule to fit my tour schedule :)

I recently went from being a pipefitter to being a night shelf stocker. Change is good, i really dig my job, I can dance around listen to my own music, act like a fool and i am my own boss, no one looking over my shoulder, I get to make my own breaks, create my own overtime or lack of said overtime, write my own schedule, and work at my own pace. I live 10min from work (walking through a park that has a river with the cleanest blue water around) from work.Have a nice view of the mountains.Not to mention I can pay the bills, eat like a king and have spending cash left over.