Jambands.ca

Roll Call: Jackfruit in the Hammer 11/17/06

Large Marge

I'd suggest going early enough to catch their 'opener' Duran Duran Duran (same line up plus one other). They played Ween's: Bananas and Blow, The Mollusk, Japanese Cowboy and Mr. Won't You Please Help My Pony. They also played that G Love song 'Get Along 76'ers' or whatever it's called - great tune - only really good G Love tune for me. They closed with Fuck Her Gently by Tenacious D which was really odd because the lead singer's grandma and grandpa were at the show, it was like being around your grandparents and someone's singing through a mike 'now i want to fuck her so deeply'. The dad and grandad I guess asked her after if she heard and she goes 'I heard, I heard'. Classic.

Jackfruit was a little bit of a downer after that. It'd be good with a dancing crowd and a good rocking vibe. The keys player (Ian?- they call him the Wizard out west I guess) also played mandolin in the opener quite well.

any chance we can get a taper out to this show?

Possibly. I wasn't planning on going out this weekend but I am slightly tempted to see what the band sound like.

What time are they taking the stage? If I've got the energy at the end of the work day I might hual my laptop over there and record the show.

Possibly. I wasn't planning on going out this weekend but I am slightly tempted to see what the band sound like.

What time are they taking the stage? If I've got the energy at the end of the work day I might hual my laptop over there and record the show.

If you do, I would be really interested in getting a copy of the show if possible. I've basically worn out my studio album and i'd love to get some live stuff.

If you do' date=' I would be really interested in getting a copy of the show if possible. I've basically worn out my studio album and i'd love to get some live stuff.

[/quote']

Jackfruit will hit the stage around 11:30-12:00

Try to post if you can or not before 6pm Willy if you don't mind, because I mentioned yesterday to Shane in a PM I'll be heading to St.Catherines to visit my aunt & I could come home in time to make it down to record, but if someone else is going to record, then I'll not worry about making sure I get back to Hamilton tonight. Currently, recording is the only reason I was going to return tonight, so if you are going to do it, then I don't need to worry about gettin a ride back tonight.