Jambands.ca

BEER!!

ollie

I've heard over on PT that you can buy #9 and Harpoon in cans!

Good news for SB9 attendees!

I also will likely be spending some time sampling brews at The Beers of the World Tent!

Do you mean Duggan's #9? I'll have to keep my eyes peeled. Another new tallboy to look for is Mill Street Organic. Can Tankhouse be far behind?

Sorry Jaimoe. I was referring to Magic Hat #9.

My mind is pretty focused toward the Phish fest this weekend and canned beer is what is allowed.

I don't mind Duggan's #9, but most folks who are in to beer are VERY familiar with Magic Hat's #9. It's been around for a long time (10+ years).

I question Duggan's choice of name.

I'm getting it on tap from a bar called Beer Brothers here in Regina. Beer Brothers has an insanely awesome selection of craft brews the likes of which I have never seen in Ottawa. The selection is phenomenal. The food is great as well. Staff are friendly and highly knowledgeable in beer lore.

I stumbled upon them my first night in town and will keep going back until I leave for Winnipeg. A real beer lover's oasis on the Prairie.

Link

The actual tap menu is about five times as big as the online representation, and the bottled selection is enormous. I think it was destiny that brought me there.

Edited by Guest

Richard Oland, Former Moosehead Beer Owner, Death Called Suspicious

Police in Saint John, N.B., are investigating the death of Richard Oland, a member of the prominent beer-making family.

Oland, 69, was found dead Thursday morning inside a building on Canterbury Street in downtown Saint John.

Oland was a member of the family that owns Moosehead Brewery but he left the company in the 1980s.

Police described the death as suspicious but released no details.

Officers from the department's major crime unit spent the day at the scene.

An autopsy is to be performed Friday.

Oland was a competitive yachtsman and was president of the board of the 1985 Canada Summer Games in Saint John.

Link

I'm getting it on tap from a bar called Beer Brothers here in Regina. Beer Brothers has an insanely awesome selection of craft brews the likes of which I have never seen in Ottawa. The selection is phenomenal. The food is great as well. Staff are friendly and highly knowledgeable in beer lore.

I stumbled upon them my first night in town and will keep going back until I leave for Winnipeg. A real beer lover's oasis on the Prairie.

Link

The actual tap menu is about five times as big as the online representation, and the bottled selection is enormous. I think it was destiny that brought me there.

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. If all works as planned for my westward trip, I guess I'll be staying an extra night in Regina come sept.

My new love: Paddock Wood 606 IPA out of Saskatoon. Freaking delicious! Triple hopped for extra goodness with a surprisingly awesome touch of grapefruit.

Really this is quality beer.

I was surprised to find this at my local beer store. I usually do my beer shopping at the lcbo.

Pretty tasty.

• 2 weeks later...