Jambands.ca

BEER!!

ollie

let's face it you'd have to have quite a few in you...

Let's face it' date=' I could draw'r up the next Dr Seuss book based on things I have seen you stuff in your mouth after 7 beers and some magic puff-puff.

Oh, The Things You Will Eat

[/quote']

Is there a recipe for Davey's 3am crackers with cheese in a toaster-oven?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I picked up a can of

can_large_weissbier.jpg

today, and am enjoying it now. It's pretty good: cloudy, with a kind of sour taste, typical of the Hefe-Weissbier style. I'd love to try it on draught, ideally sitting on a nice patio somewhere.

Aloha,

Brad

• 2 months later...

I've tried it, and don't remember it as being that distinctive (compared to, say, the Muskoka Hefe-Weissbier), but it's nice. I've bought a few cans of it at the LCBO at Carling and Woodroffe.

I've got a bottle of

innis-gunn-blonde.jpg

in the fridge right now, waiting for quaff o'clock sometime this weekend.

Aloha,

Brad

• 1 month later...

It looks like The Elmdale Tavern is doing an event with Beau's:

Saturday Nov. 28 – 9:00 PM Beau’s 2nd annual Movember bus tour and afterparty for Prostate Cancer Fundraiser - So come on guys, grow your best mustache and fight prostate cancer! Bus leaves the Elmdale at 3:00 PM for a brewery tour, returns at 9:00 PM for Live Music and prizes. (more details TBA)

Aloha,

Brad

I moved home to Nova Scotia this year after living in Montreal for awhile. I was expecting to have my access to good beer drasticly reduced, but have been pleasantly surprised. There are a couple of independent beer and wine stores that carry Dieu du Ciel, Unibroue, Rogue, etc. and the quality of our local brewers has really improved since I last lived in Halifax.

Propeller Bitter is my beer of choice these days by a longshot.

2-dish-great%20head.jpg

Their Porter is also very good, and they're brewing a limited run Pumpkin Ale for Halloween that's kinda neat.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a six-pack of

monkeys.jpg

at my local LCBO and really like it. The label describes it as an "almost pale ale", and with a name of "Hoptical Illusion", the two phrases work well together: it's malty but not overly so, and nicely hoppy, but not crazily hoppy like some American IPAs.

Aloha,

Brad

I picked up a six-pack of

monkeys.jpg

at my local LCBO and really like it. The label describes it as an "almost pale ale", and with a name of "Hoptical Illusion", the two phrases work well together: it's malty but not overly so, and nicely hoppy, but not crazily hoppy like some American IPAs.

Aloha,

Brad

After a weekend in the states, I had a hankering for something American-style hoppy and this one did the trick. Very tasty.

• 2 weeks later...

Aphrodisiaque.jpg

Black ale with aromas and flavours of vanilla, dark chocolate, bourbon and roasted malt. The vanilla and cocoa marry nicely, without out-competing each other, to produce a surprisingly well balanced beer. This beer is mildly hoppy, but the cocoa introduces a touch of bitterness. Its colour may be intimidating, but it is a very smooth beer within reach of most beer drinkers. This highly appreciated dessert beer is brewed with organic fair-trade cocoa and first rate vanilla beans.