Jambands.ca

BEER!!

ollie

I picked up a bottle of the 2010 edition of

hopnouveau.jpg

Trafalgar's (unlisted, it seems) "Hop Nouveau Pale Ale."

It's really nice: there's a hop flavour (kinda floral) without a really heavy bitterness that a lot of, say, American IPAs get to; it's also not very malty, almost to the point of it being a refreshing-tasting beer. The lower bitterness and the lower maltiness balance each other nicely; it's almost as if both had been toned down when the recipe was made.

LCBO entry

Aloha,

Brad

I picked up a bottle of the 2010 edition of

hopnouveau.jpg

Trafalgar's (unlisted, it seems) "Hop Nouveau Pale Ale."

It's really nice: there's a hop flavour (kinda floral) without a really heavy bitterness that a lot of, say, American IPAs get to; it's also not very malty, almost to the point of it being a refreshing-tasting beer. The lower bitterness and the lower maltiness balance each other nicely; it's almost as if both had been toned down when the recipe was made.

LCBO entry

Aloha,

Brad

I have a bottle of it in my fridge; will drink it Friday night while watching the Raptors getting slaughtered.

I did not care for the Trafalgar Hop Nouveau Pale Ale. I really wanted to like it as the brewery is pretty close to my house, but, as with all Trafalgar brews, I find it yeasty, in a bad home-brew kind of way.

I threw half of the bottle down the drain.

As insane as it is throwing beer down the drain, I didn't love the Trafalgar Hop Nouveau; it's on the weak side as American-style pales go.

The Barley Days Brewery in Picton has some really nice beers. I sampled all of their brews at the Royal Agricultural Fair in Toronto a few days back (you can buy some of them in select LCBOs across the province). My favourite was their I.P.A. (American-style), but you can only buy that variety at their brewery. No matter, they are all really good. I'll be looking for Loyalist Lager and the Pale Ale at the LCBO.

http://www.barleydaysbrewery.com/

I found some Southern Tier IPA in a Dundas West LCBO the other day.

I'm not drinking during the week these days (except for "tasting" wine- for work purposes). Very much looking forward to the weekend!

lowrez_stbc_2010%20body%20labels_ipa.jpg

Did Farley and Cosby have to step in and say something finally? Stopped taking them for a walk and started taking them for a stumble?

Had some very tasty and strong beers last night.

I only bought two of the St. Peters and I wished I had grabbed more. Awesome beer in my opinion, 6.2%, pretty dark red, hint of chocolate and malt. The bottles are the same style they sold in 1770.

St+Peters+Winter+Ale+091218.jpg

Another tasty beer from great lakes, strong (6%) with a spicy & orange flavour. Nice beer but I wished I had drank it last. Not sure I would buy it again, but it certainly wasn't bad.

greatlakes_winterale2010.jpg

Had 3 Fuller's Vintage Ales for breakfast this morning (4am) and man, they pack a punch to start the day. 8.5% and really tasty. Nice breakfast beer.

fullersVintage_Ale.jpg

There was another UK winter ale I had last night, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was called. Those Fuller's really do set the pace..lol

:chug: