Jambands.ca

BEER!!

ollie

Rossolee brought a half keg of 116947.jpg

to the Superbowl party. I had tasted it in bottle and thought it was pretty good, but on tap, it was delicious. Rossolee mentioned that he had heard that Great Lakes upped the hops on this brew lately and it shows. Super tasty and it was finished shortly before half time.

Which? The keg or Rossolee? :)

Was in the fingerlakes region this weekend. But each time I have been going to the states I have been stopping at preimer gourmet and bringing a nice selection of beers home. So I got a little collection going on at home and once in awhile I'll crack one open to start the night. Thinking about have the dogfish 90 minute ipa tonight. I love good beer and love the selection in America. Started brewing my own beer a little while ago so I can make some good beer too. Have a pilsner fermenting at home right now that will be bottled in a few days.

On the way up to Blue Mountain this weekend we stopped by Flying Monkey.

I was hoping to buy some of their new Smash Bomb Atomic Strong IPA. They didn't have any left to sell, but they were nice enough to let me sample their last bottle they had in house.

It was pretty damn good. Nice citrus finish.

I'm looking forward to when this becomes available at the LCBO (it is going through testing to get approval right now).

had these the other night...

Sierra-Nevada-Celebration.jpg

bear-republic-hop-rod-rye.jpg

and my one of my favorite beers ever..

black-chocolate-stout-21354874.jpg

Found some of this at an lcbo in Etobicoke. They are all out at my current lcbo but if you can find this Brooklyn beer buy it. Trust me, its the most delicious stout I have ever had.

Edited by Guest

Hey Jakis, I got gooned on too many Sierra Nevada IPAs at the EELS concert at the Fillmore in San Fran last September. Good IPA.

I'm trying this new Pale out from Muskoka right now (it's pretty good; not very hoppy compared to American-styled Pales, but it has a good finish):

6pack.png

• 3 weeks later...
New limited release by Beaus today

Beaver River IPA.

There's also Matt's Sleepy Belgian Imperial Stout; they're only making 1' date='000 bottles available, and you can only get them at the brewery.

I just picked up a box (12 bottles) at the LCBO at the corner of Richmond/McRae. There were about 3 other boxes and some loose bottles left.

Oh and it's good!

Agreed. I had it on draft at Irene's, and from the bottle tonight, and it's really nice.

Aloha,

Brad

• 3 weeks later...

That looks nice!

I can't remember if I plugged it here but you can get growlers of Kichesippi Blonde Ale at the brewery, down Campbell Ave off of Carling Ave (one street before the Canadian Tire, heading east).

It's a moderately hopped pale ale with a nice bite on the tongue in the finish.

They are filled up right before your eyes and in the approximately two months I've been going here consistency has remained high -- an important factor to me. It's obviously very fresh too.

$14.75 per growler but only $10.75 when you go back to refill.

kichesippi_growlers.jpg

Anyone try this American-style IPA (it's from Cambridge/Gault)? It's not easy to find in Toronto, but some LCBOs carry the 650ml bottle. It's pretty tasty and packs a bit of a punch. God bless IPA:

5445441487_1843d9a908.jpg

A buddy and I stopped at the Brewery a few weeks ago while working in the area. Good stuff, it's a British style IPA not American, by the way.

Over the last year I've developed a taste for English style ales, the American craft ales just don't carry enough kick for me, although still very tasty.

• 1 month later...