Jambands.ca

BEER!!

ollie

• 2 weeks later...

I just cracked a can of Red Racer IPA and I'm loving it!

Great IPA. It's from BC and it's pretty expensive (almost $3.00 for a reg sized can) but, damn, it's tasty! I only bought one and wish I bought more!

I have found most of Ontario IPAs to be kind of bitter- I think it is the malts used. But this Red Racer has a lot of the brighter flavours I search out in the American IPAs.

Edited by Guest

I was lucky enough to try some of the Spearhead today.

I was at a customer's place (Victory Cafe) and he has it on tap. I mentioned that I had a 20L at home but hadn't tried it so he was kind enough to pour me a pint.

Not bad but not my favourite. It has a touch of pineapple- very slight taste.

Yes Ollie! I found it at the Summerhill Lcbo in Toronto (one of the biggest lcbos).

Back to the Spearhead...it was tasty but not everything I had hoped, especially considering the price.

Shane had a bunch of super tasty home brews on the weekend that outshone every one of the commercial brews! We had a pretty serious selection of brews at the party!

Thanks Shane!

Brewing a batch of American Brown Ale with bourbon this Saturday. Heres the recipe!

http://hbd.org/cgi-bin/recipator/recipator?group=9&item=9686

lb. American 2-row

2 oz. Special Roast

12 oz. American crystal 80L

8 oz. American chocolate

7 oz. Flaked oats

1 oz. Flaked barley

1 oz. Honey Malt

1 lb. Wildflower Honey

Bourbon

.5 oz. Nugget (12.5% AA, 60 min.)

.5 oz. Willamette (5% AA, 60 min.)

.5 oz. Willamette (5% AA, 30 min.)

.5 oz. Mt. Hood (4.5% AA, 15 min.)

Yes Ollie! I found it at the Summerhill Lcbo in Toronto (one of the biggest lcbos).

Picked up a case at the Richmond St. LCBO last night. Price was pretty much equivalent to what I paid for special ordering it. Minus the 9 month wait! ;) Great beer!

Also picked up a 6 pack of the new Flying Monkey beer Smashbomb Atomic IPA. I think it's their best brew that I've tasted but there's still something in the after taste I find a little off-putting.

Also picked up a 6 pack of the new Flying Monkey beer Smashbomb Atomic IPA. I think it's their best brew that I've tasted but there's still something in the after taste I find a little off-putting.

I was at the Rideau & King Edward LCBO today, and passed on the Smashbomb (largely due to your comment, ollie) but bought a six-pack of the Tree Brewing (Kelowna, BC) Hop Head IPA, along with a bottle of Beau's Dunkel Buck (with "This machine kills imports" emblazoned on the cap).

Aloha,

Brad

Brewing a batch of American Brown Ale with bourbon this Saturday. Heres the recipe!

http://hbd.org/cgi-bin/recipator/recipator?group=9&item=9686

lb. American 2-row

2 oz. Special Roast

12 oz. American crystal 80L

8 oz. American chocolate

7 oz. Flaked oats

1 oz. Flaked barley

1 oz. Honey Malt

1 lb. Wildflower Honey

Bourbon

.5 oz. Nugget (12.5% AA, 60 min.)

.5 oz. Willamette (5% AA, 60 min.)

.5 oz. Willamette (5% AA, 30 min.)

.5 oz. Mt. Hood (4.5% AA, 15 min.)

That sounds tasty. Lets us know how it turns out.

Sadly, my plans to brew fell apart this year since my partner had serious basement issues in his 150 year old farm house and had to clear it all out so he could get people in there to fix it. We're hoping to get things going over the winter though. I imagine another batch of cherry stout will be brewed first.

Let us know how the beer festival is Brad. I was turned off by the lack of interesting vendors listed on the web site. Also some confusion as to where the festival is actually located threw me off.

Dunkel Buck! Gonna go look for some today. I love that Beau's is now regularly pumping out seasonal's to the LCBO. I still have 4 bottles of the Spring IPA and about 36 of the summer Fetivale in storage.