Jambands.ca

BEER!!

ollie

Beau's Brewing Co. set to debut new beer at WVRST.

Going to stop by WVRST to try this beer out Friday before my winterlicious dinner. Will report back..

http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2012/02/beaus_brewing_co_set_to_debut_new_beer_at_wvrst/

Also pick this up at your local lcbo..

Traquair Jacobite Ale

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24/652

It is a really really good scotch ale.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a reason to cheer. Today, Beau's All Natural Brewing Co. of nearby Vankleek Hill pops the cork on two new "WinterBrewed" collaborations with Ottawa's own Bridgehead coffee. Starting at 10 a.m., 1,000 bottles each of WinterBrewed Coffee-Amber, a lager made with Guatemalan organic fair trade coffee, and Collabrrrewator Coffee- Infused Doppelbock, a strong beer brewed with a blend of three organic fair-trade coffees, will be available at the brewery.

Don't want to make the hourlong drive to the brewery? Attend a launch party at the Bridgehead on Sparks Street, Saturday, Feb. 18, from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Both of the new beers will be on tap and you'll be able to sign up for home delivery directly from the brewery, all while listening to live music and nibbling on food that will be available to purchase.

- WinterBrewed will be $7.85 and Collabrrrewator $9.85 for a 600-mL bottle.

Get this if you can!

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/28/665

It is so good and at lcbos right now. Ollie and bradm there are only a couple 6-packs left in Ottawa but you should pick it up if you can.

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/inventory/searchResults.do?language=EN&itemNumber=270454

Really well balanced ipa with good about of malt and hops flavours.

Pub Italia on Preston St., one of the Royal Oaks on Bank, Irene's in the Glebe is decent, Manx on Elgin, Clocktower on Bank for it's own brews

Royal Oak? Don't they have the standard lineup you can get at most commercial bars? Molson products + the imports they carry.

I've been reading a lot of good things about the Cheshire Cat in Carp which is probably too far out. There's also a Clocktower in Westboro now too.

Arrow and Loon on bank. The new Millstreet Pub near the Bluesfest site.

Brasseurs Du Temp is a great brewpub not too far into the Hull sector.

Rochester Pub is good too.

Pub Italia would have the widest selection I'd say, tons of world-wide bottled beer and decent amount of draught.

Manx is the best place to drink many kinds of beer though. Or Chez Lucien.

(Beer places closely correspond with burger places.....)

Stay away from the Royal Oak chain.

Irene's in the Glebe is decent

Not to go full-on attack but I seem to recall that we couldnt get into Irene's one night, Labour day weekend perhaps, and ended up at a pub on the same side of the street about 1 or 2 blocks north and ended up amazed by the beers on tap AND the availability of scotch rarely found at a standard pub.

I'm talking much better than Irene's. That was one of the kickers once we got in there. We were rather surprised. Correct? Maybe it was the availability of a half decent scotch poured by a bartender who knew what he was doing but the beers on tap were really good too. Like, really good. I kinda remember him giving me shots of beers just to try them because I had never heard of them.

Rubberdinghy was with us while you and I just took a walk in the woods, which may explain how wrong I probably am.

Edited by Guest

I seem to recall that we couldnt get into Irene's one night, Labour day weekend perhaps, and ended up at a pub on the same side of the street about 1 or 2 blocks north and ended up amazed by the beers on tap AND the availability of scotch rarely found at a standard pub.

That sounds like The Arrow & Loon, at 5th and Bank.

Aloha,

Brad