Jambands.ca

BEER!!

ollie

I tried Muskoka's Mad Tom IPA on tap yesterday and I thought it was way better then from a bottle.

I'll have to try it on tap then. I'm not getting all the love for Mad Tom, both here and on other message boards. Like the Flying Monkey beers, there's something in the taste that does not please my palate.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been to Brothers Beer Bistro in Ottawa yet?

Brothers Beer Bistro is a restaurant & gastropub focused on offering guests in the Ottawa region the finest selection of premium craft brewed and independently produced beer, alongside a locally derived seasonal menu designed to showcase our love of great food and great beer.

They're at 366 Dalhousie St.

Aloha,

Brad

• 2 weeks later...

Beau's is releasing "Patio Saison" at select locations today.

"RELEASED ON PATIOS ACROSS ONTARIO ON THE FIRST DAY IN APRIL FORCASTED TO BE 18+ DEGREES AND SUNNY"

http://www.beaus.ca/patio

Here's where you can get it in the Ottawa area: Heart and Crown Preston, Heart and Crown Byward, The Aulde Dubliner, Lieutenant’s Pump, Arrow and Loon, Irene’s, Whispers

I'm hoping to grab a pint or two at Whispers before tonight's game!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Craft brewery Rogue Ales is working on a new beer made with a strain of wild yeast produced from the follicles of brewmaster John Maier's beard. The brewery didn't set out to make a beard-influenced beer. On a whim, nine follicles from Maier's beard were sent into a lab for testing and, to everyone's surprise, turned out to produce a yeast strain that was suitable for beer-brewing. Further tests confirmed that the yeast was wild, not one used by Rogue. The brewery is currently working on test brews to find 'the perfect style and yeast combination.' The final beer, called New Crustacean, will be released in early 2013.

• 2 weeks later...

mmmm steroid-icious

'Just in time for the Olympics, Scottish firm Brewdog has unveiled its very own 'performance-enhancing ale' named Never Mind the Anabolics. The award-winning brewers will officially launch the 6.5% India Pale Ale on Saturday in opposition to the 'shallow corporate sponsorship' of the Games. Containing an array of banned Olympic substances, the limited edition beer will be available on draught at all Brewdog pubs and also sold in bottle online.

'BrewDog has today unveiled a limited edition beer it hopes will undermine global sponsorship deals for this summer's games, called Never Mind the Anabolics,' the brewer said in a statement. 'Designed to 'unmask the corporate beast' of the world's biggest sporting event and highlight the shallow nature of sponsorship, the new beer contains creatine, guarana, lycii berries, kola nut, Gingko, matcha tea, maca powder and steroids - all of which are banned for professional athletes' - Metro