Jambands.ca

BEER!!

ollie

Enjoyed a few Beond The Pale's brew's this weekend.

I really liked them all. The Pink Fuzz is one of my fav's, surprisingly, as wheat beers aren't usually something I go for, but it was refined and deliscous! I could crush a few of those on a hot day. I still have't cracked The Darkness yet, but I'm looking forward to it. We weren't able to get our hands on an ISG so if anyone (bri) is heading to the GTA from Ottawa, please pick me up a growler.

• 3 weeks later...

No, it's completely stupid and a moronic half-measure that needs to be shelved.

1. It's 10 outlets across the whole province.

2. The LCBO markup will still apply.

3. These places will only sell what LCBO sells (as they are LCBO).

4. Liquor-buying hours etc haven't been addressed.

The worst thing, (best as far as Ont Liberal political strategy goes), is that this now takes all the momentum out of the idea to put liquor wine and beer into corner stores because now the govt just says, "well, we did what you wanted, we put outlets in grocery stores." Gee, thanks for saving me a stop on the way home. How much of my tax dollars did this cost? Many full LCBO stores are right beside supermarkets anyways. Contracts for outlet stores will be going to big grocery chains instead of opening up money-making competition by putting alcohol in corner stores.

There is no promise to improve selection, there is no promise to let consumers pick what they want to buy, no notice of changes to hours, no possible improvement on LCBO monopoly price-gouging.

Stupid half-measures that don't solve anything.

They really need to do away with the Beer Store.

• 2 weeks later...
Since we haven't updated our website to share this info yet, you can find our beer at these fine establishments around the city (ordered based on tenure carrying BTP):

Absinthe - Rye Guy

Wellington Gastropub - Imperial Super Guy

Arrow & Loon - Dakota

Smoque Shack - Pink Fuzz

Zen Kitchen - Rye Guy

10Fourteen - Dakota

Hintonburg Public House - Pink Fuzz

Supply and Demand - Pink Fuzz on tap + Rye Guy and Darkness 32oz bottles

The Manx - Rye Guy on tap + Pink Fuzz bottles

Town - Darkness 32 oz bottles

Rochester Pub - Darkness on nitro

Keep them in mind when making your plans!

I think a lunch at the Wellington next week is in order.

Aloha,

Brad

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to this!

flyingmonkeys_matador.jpg.pagespeed.ce.KjrW_gdv_a.jpg

BARRIE, ON – Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery is preparing to follow up the BNL Imperial Chocolate Stout released via the LCBO late last year with another limited edition beer that will be available at the Ontario liquor store chain.

The Matador Imperial IPA, a 10% abv & 88 IBU cedar-aged ale created for the 8th anniversary of Flying Monkeys, is described as follows:

As an Imperial IPA, The Matador is full of drama and colour playing to the expectant passions of true beer aficionados. Fresh aromas of sweet cedar wood smolder in the warmth of this beer’s 10% ABV while Amarillo hops give this Imperial IPA astounding citrus flavours pushing its bittering to a solid 88 IBUs. The Matador is an artisanal beer truly worthy of Imperial status. Olé!

The Matador will be available soon at select LCBO outlets in boxed 750 ml bottles. The size of the edition and price point are still to be confirmed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not four months old, Beyond the Pale Brewing is already expanding

Not just more beer, though:

we’re working in collaboration with The Cake Shop on Wellington Street to use some of our spent grains in making dog cookies, which they hope to sell at Global Pet Foods on Wellington Street — all within a block-and-a-half radius of the brewery.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest