Jambands.ca

BEER!!

ollie

On second taste, I wasn't as crazy about the Innis & Gunn. I'd describe the aroma as more floral than vanilla. It's a strong beer (6.6%) and the taste relects it.

My next recommendation is Picaroon's Best Bitter from Northampton Brewing in Fredericton.

This full-flavoured pale ale provides a complex taste experience, beginning with notes of nuts and toffee and ending in lingering hop bitterness.

Picaroons Brewing Company brews traditional British-style ales using malted barley, hops, our signature Hampshire yeast and water.

http://www.picaroons.ca/products_bitter.asp

• 3 weeks later...
Frosty cold fifty's and room temp Duvel's today sure make staining quarter round trim alot less boring.

The polyerathane(sp?) fumes are helping out too.

Throw in a couple of bongs hits and a double shot of espresso or two and see what happens.

Aloha,

Brad

Ha!

I don't think I require any bong hits today...those 8.5% Duvel's and polyurethane fumes are doing me just fine right now, I had to step outside for a a little bit, even with the windows open those fumes kick. In hindsight, I probally shoulda did all that outside... :/

My darling wife brought me a 24 of Propeller Honey Wheat Ale home from Nova Scotia this weekend.

HoneyLabel.gif

I'm not usually a fan of Honey Browns and the like, this doesn't taste like a 'sweet' beer. To me it's a perfect summer ale, light and refreshing. Yum. Now if summer would just get here.

i didn't pick up on the a two-four being the same price there ollie- whence did you get that impression?

The generic case of beer he lets slide off the tracks looks like a two-four. The inference I get from the commercial is that for the same price the dude can get "the good stuff".

I had the YUMMIEST beer in Montreal last week, it's something about 'Blache du Quebec' or..something... lol. but it was soo good. It was really fruity and it was clear when U poured it and then got cloudy. mmmm yummy beer.

That'd probably be Blanche de Chambly, from Unibroue. It's a wonderful summer patio beer. I'm also a big fan of their La Fin du Monde (which is a lot stronger, at 9% alcohol/volume).

Aloha,

Brad

It was really fruity and it was clear when U poured it and then got cloudy. mmmm yummy beer.

the cloudy stuff is the yeast in the bottom of the bottle - you're not supposed to ingest that. unibroue beers ferment in the bottle and for that reason you gotta pour slow and leave about half an inch in the bottle and not drink it.

delicious beer though.