Jambands.ca

BEER!!

ollie

How about Hops & Robbers?

I don't mind H&R at all, good beer at good price. I get it as a back-up once in awhile instead of my usual Tankhouse or Dead Elephant back-ups.

Currently though, Mad Toms are all I'm drinking. Pumpernickel bread, and Mad Tom IPAs are a great afternoon combo.

Gotta love that Boneshaker come in pint cans now. Still waiting for Tankhouse in pint cans. As APAs go, I think I prefer Devil's 666 and Crazy Canuck.

Hey Esau, ever tried any beers from Cleveland's Great Lakes Brewery? Excellent beers. They don't export, but if you go to Buffalo, you can get them there, even at Bisons' games on draught. Their Burning River IPA rocks!

I've only drank Great Lakes Brewery (Toronto) beers. (eg: Crazy Canuck, some winter seasonal etc). The Canuck I enjoyed, but the winter seasonal (forget name) was too over the top for my taste. I haven't see cans of boneshaker here in quite awhile, I'll have to ask my LCBO about it. When I need cans that's when I usually grab Dead Elephant or Hops & Robbers when getting an alternative to my Toms.

I'll have to mention the U.S brew to my brother-in-law as he and my sister visit the U.S on occasion and will do a beer order now & then for me. Personally, I'm not going to the U.S.A anytime soon given the current political atmosphere & attitude of their law enforcement - but I'll save that for an anti-gov't, anti-police state thread rant.

My brother introduced me to Lake of Bays Brewing the other day. Great tasting beer.

Top Shelf was my least favorite of the three, but it was still pretty good:

Lmxax2Pl.jpg

This was #2 fav:

ZFJ0zfnl.jpg

and of the three, this is the one I liked best:

9vdDmbgl.jpg

• 1 month later...

According to Muskoka Brewery (via twitter), they will be selling Twice as Mad Tom aged in cognac barrels starting Oct. 1. But only at their retail store. Which is in Bracebridge, ON. 

Luckily for me, I have a friend who lives in Bracebridge just down the street from the brewery, and is currently working at Hamilton airport, so my order is in.

ByzkIKiCUAA2fON.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone attending Cask Days this year?  I'll be there for session 2, Saturday afternoon.  It's such a great beer festival and everyone should go!

http://www.caskdays.com/

The 10th Annual “Cask Days” Cask Conditioned Craft Beer Festival returns to Evergreen Brickworks in Toronto, Ontario for its third year and will offer more than 300 beers and ciders across 3 days with over 5000 attendees.  

The festival welcomes back breweries from across Canada, United Kingdom and has invited California to be this year’s international brewery feature. Presented in conjunction with CASK ALE LA, there will be over 30 beers available from breweries across the state, both big and small that have never been served north of the border. Participating feature breweries will be announced individually leading up to the festival starting with Stone Brewing Company from Escondido, California.

Along side an exceptional line up of beers, Cask Days hosts a unique beer festival experience with epic eats from Toronto’s most admired chefs, raw vinyl beats and an art gallery that showcases the best in beer label design. Additional attractions include the 6th Annual IPA Challenge, a classic arcade game zone and feature artists: Troy Lovegates and Mister Sleeep.

Cheers,

Jake

• 3 weeks later...

10502482_766811316702199_375554630941138

Ottawa's Beyond The Pale Brewing Company is having a party to celebrate its second anniversary.

We're turning 2. And throwing a big party with the help of some of our friends from Union Local 613, Holland's Cake and Shake & Black Pepper. We'll have 15 drafts available throughout the night along with 6 casks, including a few 'guest' casks. Atherton will keep things live all night on the dance floor. Join us! Proceeds will be going toward the Parkdale Food Centre.

For tickets and more info: http://goo.gl/PkZJ4W

Tickets are also available in person at the brewery.

Aloha,

Brad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Finally got my 6 pack of limited cognac barrel aged 9.2% Twice as Mad Toms (3000 355 ml bottles made only)  yesterday thanks to a good friend in Bracebridge who picked them up in the fall for me before they were gone. I've been eagerly awaiting their delivery.

Most likely sample em when my friend John stops by with his recent batch of homemade smoked venison/pork summer sausage he made this week.

136926.jpg

So I picked up a birthday beer today, but I don't know if it's good: Beau's Bog Water. (I like other Beau's beers.) Any thoughts beer geeks? I also have a couple of Red Racers to round things out and my close friend at work today surprised me with a Barking Squirrel.

I haven't sampled Bog Water yet, though I've seen it many times at the LC. Red Racer & Barking Squirrel I have picked up on numerous occasions. Red Racer is a great summer (or "day time") beer, at least for my taste anyway. Goes down easy and isn't overpowering in my opinion. Barking Squirrel was surprising tasty for a lager though not one I pick up often. Still a tasty brew over-all.

I picked up some Bolshevik Bastard Imperial Stout (9%) from Nickel Brook today to throw back while I smoke some ribs for dinner tonight, its got some kick to it that's for sure.

I really enjoy Red Racer but lately my favourite IPA at the LCBO has been Sawdust City's Lone Pine.  Sawdust City also makes a very very good double IPA that is on tap at bars called Twin Pine. If you see it grab a pint!  I also have been really enjoying tall cans of Nicklebrook Naughty Neighbour.  Great session ipa!  I love Bells Two Hearted, maybe my favourite ipa.  Just recently brewed up a clone recipe of it which turned out very good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...