Jambands.ca

BEER!!

ollie

• 1 month later...

I had the Great Lakes Devils Pale Ale last year(when it was a seasonal) on tap and it tasted great. But this years canned version lost its hoppy edge. I find most CDN microbrewers tend to balance the over hop taste- which is unfortunate as plenty of U.S brewers make great tasting hop bombs! The last 2 seasonals from Great Lakes(Orange Peel Ale and Winter Ale) are good beers.

I'm looking forward to tonights beer session with Weirdness and HeadyGouda

dsc03022tt9.jpg

Has anybody tried (or even seen) the Barley Wine from Mill St.? I saw a blurb about it in a "holiday food" article in one of the free daily newspapers, and it seemed interesting: it's (IIRC) 10% alcohol, comes in a larger-sized opaque (white) ceramic bottle (500mL?), and in the glass, it didn't look dark, more like a lighter-colour lager. It's listed on the menu at their brewpub, but not at the main brewery site.

Aloha,

Brad

been enjoying the mill street tankhouse on my recent trips to Onscario.

in other beer news McAuslan has a new sampler pack that would be a great gift for people who don't get access to their tasty range of brews. Check it out!

taste_pack_sm2.jpg

Only drag is that it doesn't seem to include their best beer, the St. Ambroise Oatmeal stout. Get a 6-er to go along with the sampler I guess...

Edited by Guest

Funny you should mention that, Ollie. I'm just back from the liquor store now with a selection of promising beverages I have yet to try. Halfway through my first Imperial Stout right now and giving it a strong recommend as well.

While it lists 6.7% on the bottle, the brewer's website claims it is 9%.

Yeah, nice labeling by that brewery. I was unimpressed by this and their dark offering. Not a lot of character to Ontario breweries unfortunately, outside of Wellington and Mill Street. Creemore doesn't seem the same.

Edit to add: OK, Scotch Irish, Beaus, Heritage and Sleemans premium line are good too. I just wish they all were. ;)