Jambands.ca

No longer Large and in charge?

Large Marge

Finally lost my cush digs up on the 37th of Bay Street, overlooking ACC and beyond. My position is being "contracted out" as of last Friday

I wouldn't have minded so much if it hadn't been for the way it all went down, being lured from my desk in the Investment Bank to be let go by a total stranger flown in from New York and then told that my manager would gather my coat and purse and meet me out in the hall.

WTF?!? I've been there for seven years and I wasn't even allowed to say goodbuy to anyone, gather my things or even so much as finish the e-mail I'd been in the midst of composing!!! Ouch. Life in high finance I guess... [color:purple]there's such a major danger of corporate espionage from this under-cover party girl.

So for now, I'm working on gaining the maximum severance package and am wondering what's next in the life of Margaret (or will it be the Marginator?).

I'm up for any immediate travel/tour/visiting opportunities, should anyone feel like hanging out for a bit. I'm thinking my goal will be for an early 2007 employment opportunity and simply take a little much needed R&R between now and then.

Of course I am legal to work in Canada and the U.K. should anyone know of any fabulous forthcoming opportunities. Or if I can get the amount of severance I'm after, maybe I can concentrate on living out the dream of Camp Skank for a while :)

Anyway, major transitions going down in my own camp and I'm feeling a little lost, a little found. Good thing it's Friday again and I can pretend everything's normal for the next two days. That reminds me, it's almost time for a Cosmo :)

Sorry to hear that you were disrespected Margaret. That's definitely a real cold way to let someone go. Which only confirms my suspicions that you would be better off somewhere else. I mean really, who needs that sort of energy in their lives?

I have full faith in your ability to carve out another cool, and meaningful niche.

Happy hunting! It's definitely a little exciting (albeit a little scary) don't ya think?

Sorry to hear of this crap Margaret... Remember the Karma Queen ALWAYS pays in full..and they will get theirs somehow someway someday...

And YES greatness does eminate from you YOU in everyway everyday....No truer words have ever been spoken...

Hey.. wanna get drunk on an island?? I hate the cold...

One door closes another door opens. Think of it like Costanza... WINTER OF MARGE! I'm sure you won't have any problems finding another sweet job. I'm currently looking for work, maybe we could go out as a team? Think about it, you out there kickin' ass and takin' names, me riding your coatails. Just tossin' it out there. Anyways, hope ya don't stress about it too much. There's always good times around the bend.

That's schite-y girl. Stupid corporate world. Let's gather a bunch of people together and head on out to the Maritimes to start a commune. Woohoo!

Seriously though... I know I've been "No Fun Heidi" as of late but if you need an extra someone to hang with/talk at/drink with/etc. I'm there. We can start with brunch tomorrow morning if you're in. Livingstoned mentioned that you might be interested.

Yeah, and decides...who wants to work for a firm that, in 2006, fires people like that anonymously.

NGOs rarely if ever let people go. The government never lets people go either. So if security is your bag and you want a change take a look there....Corporate folk of any kind are welcome at charities to help beat back all the lazy hippies who have no common sense.

Thanks for all the positive heady vibes kids... turns out my Grandfather passed away this afternoon. Puts things into an even broader perspective doesn't it? Wowzers, life never ceases to amaze with all it's twists and turns, does it? Make sure you're experiencing every moment folks and enjoying as many of them as you can... who knows what the fuck tomorrow might bring (or tonight for that matter!)