Jambands.ca

No longer Large and in charge?

Large Marge

Hey LM,

Sorry to hear about your grandpa - I hope he lived a full life and went with few regrets.

On the other hand, I'm glad to hear you're free. Fuhgetabout how they did it and just give thanks you're not stuck on Bay St. anymore :-)

May I suggest EI and a personal project for the next couple of months?...

In August i quit a job because of crappy management policies and didn't work for two months! It rocked. I just cut my expenses and spent tons of time with my favourite skanc. It was a great experience that i wouldn't change for the world. I just spent time relaxing. I love getting up at noon, drinking a pot of coffee and reading the paper with a cool person, then spend the rest of the day not being particularly productive but having a lot of fun, then repeating this activity sixty times. Fuck, i'm ready to retire. :P

Chin up, Sunshine! Use this crisitunity to your advantage, may it be spiritual, occupational or whatever. Cheers!

Sorry to hear about both your grandfather and your job. I'm sure that you'll be able to land yourself a good job soon - seven years' experience on Bay Street looks pretty good on a resume, that's for sure. Maybe Widespread Panic is looking for someone to take over their financial management!

Wow, heavy Margaret! I know everyone is on point when they say that future employments not going to be hard for a person of your caliblre to find... but when I got to the part about Grandfather, well, I guess I can just say sorry and send you a big big hug!

Take care of yourself! And looking forward to giving you this hug in person!

Peace,

~W

Hey marge - sorry to hear about all that shit going down. It sucks when 'the man' pulls a fast one like that, why do they have to be so cold about it? Anyway if it's that kinda company your better off not being there anymore.

A bit of time might do you some good, get a little refresh going. Push is as long as ya can ;)

hey babe....

biggest hugs and softest shoulders offered...but if I know anything about you, I know you won't let those cocksucking, motherfucking bay street shit eating backstabbing, souless bastards let you feel bad about yourself. The people who KNOW and CARE about you, know you to be

~~an amazingly energized champion of environmental causes and personal party ragers

~~compassionate

~~passionate

~~equality/justice minded

~~kind, sweet, and well, simply delicious!!!

I do imagine the passing of your grandfather will really colour this time furter with sadness, but also with that 're-adjusted' perspective that is so important in getting through difficult times.

there is sooooooooooooooooo much love & support from all us skanks here, darling......I know what next transpires in your career will be pretty awesome and awe-inspiring for those of us who are already pretty awe-inspired by the gal you already are!!!!

~peace~

what a terrible way to let a person go, no guts no empathy, so i say you were working with no body

sorry though it happened that way, hope you will be enjoying the time off

you will get another better job with better people

so sorry about your grand dad, enjoy what memories you have of him, hard though but will ease with time

hugs to you

hey marge,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, and I'm sorry to hear you were thrown into unemployment in a no doubt shocking way.

I haven't read all of these posts, but I'm sure you've got the idea that anyone who knows you knows that you are capable of great things, and this seems to be a kick in the pants to throw you into a different situation... hopefully one that will ultimately be even more rewarding. I hope you know that you have all kinds of love and respect coming from me. You are totally welcome to come and chill in capital city for a while and stay in my new digs. or maybe this is a good time to go visit kev out west. :) wish i could join you...

i hope you're feeling positive about your situation, and benefitting from the support of your family and friends to help you through.

anyway, i have new contact info, so i guess i'll get on the private topic side of things here.

much love to you

caroline

:)

You know I have to concur with Adam (one and a hair's assesment)- the non-profit world (and non-profit wages unfortunately) could really use a Marge. I mean if there was a way to unite what you were doing in terms of graphic design work wise and you're passions whether cycling or open spaces etc. you would be a really potent ally for any organization.