Jambands.ca

Liberal Leadership Convention

paisley

Kennedy doesn't have a seat so he can't be in the Shadow Cabinet.

Don't get me wrong, it will be great if the Liberals win the next election ... but it isn't a 100% yet. :P

No doubt he'll run and win, but he could run and win and end up in shadow cabinet.

I hope Kennedy eventually runs against Olivia Chow (sorry drawk)

Ack, I hadn't really considered that one. I figured there's a good chance he'd oust Peggy Nash in Parkdale High Park.

Yeah, I'm anxious to see how that plays out, if he chooses to run ... seems he's indicating that he will.

He'd have to pick carefully in Ontario. Rae/Chow? Hmmmmmmm.

Or does he pick a riding that he's got a good chance at losing, just to save face and say, "well, I didn't bail. I'll ride off into the sunset now, thank you very much."

Dude, I was just kidding that is an old Trudeau line!

I'm pleased as punch.

Anyone catch Layton's slip in QP today, one of the funniest things I've seen in the House

Hon. Jack Layton (Toronto—Danforth, NDP) :

After all these years of inaction, will the Prime Minister finally get something done and do something the former government would not, and cancel the subsidies to big oil and big ass, big gas and start putting--

Some hon. members: Oh, oh!

I'll admit, I'm largely ignorant when it comes to knowing much about this Dion character. I do however remember an environmental debate that was broadcast on CPAC prior to the last federal election where he was the liberal representative. I was less than impressed. Granted the party sitting in power always has a harder job as they are in constant defensive mode rather than relying solely on criticizing others. I recall him looking extremely uncomfortable, lacking confidence, etc... rather unconvincing.

Nonetheless his background does give me some hope. I will be watching this man carefully from this day forward.

• 1 year later...