so whats everyone doing for New Years?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SUMKIDZ New Years, King/Dufferin - Liberty Village Warehouse party, Toronto

www.sumkidz.org

Inspired through popular demand…

Sumkidz & Black Light Activists merge dance floors at our first ever New Year’s Eve collaboration!

Seal 2006 and emerge into 2007 surrounded by the good vibes of the OM community.

TIMOTHY WISDOM (VANCOUVER) www.timothywisdom.com

IRIE BAND :: LIVE dub roots rockers www.lionheart.ca/irieband/irieband.html

TELEFUNK LIVE (Sumkidz) www.hotpierecords.com

MASHUP :: Rollin Cash vs Splee3keebo vs Symetry (Sumkidz) www.junglist.ca

TOM KUO (Taskone, Foundation Studio) www.foundationmusic.com/tom.html

MIKE LAMBERT (Sumkidz)

PATRICK ROOTS & CHOCOLATE

Stoney..."And I say that with an unblemished record as a staunch supporter of Upstream, but also a lover of and pushover for that funky Garaj sound."

I never figured you'd play into the Drama my friend. Of all people, I always thought you'd be way more into the music than to pander to a social issue. I look forward to Derek putting on a show that I actually want to go to. Stanton Moore was close. Xavier Rudd was too...still upstream didn't win me over. I've been to many bonfire shows and for what it's worth friends are friends. I don't remember ever meeting Derek (sorry derek if we met but my memory isn't the strongest at shows or around alcohol)

When it comes to going to shows - a promoter has to get me to want to come out with the concert, not just the crowd that goes to the shows. the Upstreamers that hit the shows are some of the most solid folks I've met since I've moved here but pledging myself to a promoter?

come on.

If Derek gets My Morning Jacket across the border and into richard's or the Commodore I'll be there and spend my money gleefully and would even pledge to see String Cheese if he did it.

I look forward to what the city has to offer and for the most part it's not Jammy shows. I love what Bonfire's brought this city's concertgoers (pnuma, aphrodesia, slammin, noised from the toolshed etc.) but lately I demand to be impressed and I have the internet at home so I can wank on my own behind a closed door and not feel obliged to buy an overpriced beer from a grumbly bartender.

getting back to the thread...

I don't feel that I'm going to get that far down my list, Dima.

I just realized that I got paid last night and I have bills to pay...I'd much rather spend $200 for my entire weekend, especially with rabidmonkey and Mark Tonin in town going to garaj on saturday, out for drinks and fun tonight and getting wasted on Sunday at a house party or perhaps even to another night of Garaj than throw down my entire wad in one night.

I also need better headphones for my iPod shuffle and I need speakers for my stereo...a pickup for my guitar, a power cable for my synth pedal...presents for my Erin...tires for my car...

I could definitely get lots of crack and opium and start a second job - I'm already downtown, a 5 minute walk from the Insite (safe injection site) and when I get off work it's about dinner time.

hmmm...that's not at all sketchy...at least i have career options.

Edited by Guest

Beats:

My comment was meant to be read with a certain tongue-in-cheek-sarcasm, for exactly the reason you are suggesting. (I should really have used purple font for that phrase, actually.) It was not intended as a "pledge" to anyone, although I do consider Derek a friend of mine, but that is just an unrelated fact. (It is particularly irrelevant here, given that a person closely-related to BFE happens to be a childhood/longtime friend of mine, too.)

My point is that if I were in BC I would go to whatever show interested me musically, all other 'issues' (or non-issues) aside. That's why I'd see Garaj.

Edited by Guest