Jambands.ca

BURGERS!

rubberdinghy

i have a bit of a diet planned for the spring summer, (which is more financial in nature than anything else). it goes a bit like this:

for meals i eat at home: cheese quesadillas (w/salsa ), tuna sandwiches (and/or egg), salad and smoothies.

other meals: cheeseburgers whenever i'm at velvet's.

can we get going on this yet?!!!

• 1 month later...

Anybody here eat at M:brgr in Montreal?

http://eatwellmontreal.com/mbrgr/

On Montreal Restaurant M:brgr Chef Deck says:

Today my perfect teeth (no i swear…27 and no cavity’s, no teeth pulled even the wisdoms, and never even a needle in my mouth…i love you Dr. Felger) bit into a perfect burger. I have to be honest in the fact that over the past few months, i’ve been hating on Montreal restaurant M:brgr, for the pure and simple fact, that i did not believe a burger joint could be worth such high prices. Wow do i feel like a dildo now because M:brgr was fantastic. Of course i had to order the Kobe beef burger with truffle aioli ($20). Bitting into it felt like sinking my teeth into a virgin baby seal raised on the coast of Monaco. Oh yes, it was magical. I decided not to get any toppings for I wanted to see how perfect the meat was and recommend the same practice for any M:brgr goer (perfectly seasoned and juicy like a Gushers). The fries were also amazing, perfectly double fried crisp with that sweetness you only get from a AAA casse-croûte. I still think that M:brgr is too expensive however that Kobe beef burger is probably the best in town (i plan on going to Le Paris tomorrow to confirm this statement). Looking to go to M:brgr on the cheap, try the lunch box special (11 am - 5 pm), it includes the AAA angus burger, fries and a coke for ($12.75). Lastly I got to mention my disappointment in the fact that I could not order it rare but don’t worry i got to the bottom of it. They buy ground kobe meat so the risk factor in cooking it rare would be against code. I suggest that they add a $60 burger of Kobe steak that they grind on the spot to the menu, so we carnivores can eat our meat bloody and waste even more money!

Ambiance: Bar chic yet a little cheesy /10

Food: 8.99324934/10

Price: Way too expensive so damn you for being so good/10

Chef Deck signing out!

• 2 months later...
Does anyone make their own veggie burgers?!?

we tend to buy them frozen but I find they're way too expensive for what's in em, there's gotta be good recipes floating around out there...

Perhaps this is a meat burger-only thread though?!?!?

Have you tried using the packaged veggie "ground round"? If you added a beaten egg and breadcrumbs to it, it might hold together in burger form, and you'd be able to season it the way you wanted. (I use the veggie ground round in burrito mix, and it works pretty well.)

Aloha,

Brad

Does anyone make their own veggie burgers?!?

we tend to buy them frozen but I find they're way too expensive for what's in em, there's gotta be good recipes floating around out there...

Perhaps this is a meat burger-only thread though?!?!?

I find Licks veggie burgers to be worth the dough. But that's all I got.