Jambands.ca

BURGERS!

rubberdinghy

Well it was just a matter of time, wasn't it?

'A customer collapsed with a suspected heart attack while dining at the notorious Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas. The man suffered chest pains while eating a 'Triple Bypass Burger' at the restaurant, reports ABC News. Amateur video has emerged of the man being wheeled out of the Heart Attack Grill on a stretcher. Signs at the restaurant warn that eating the food, which includes Bypass burgers and Flatliner fries, may be bad for your health. But restaurant owner Dr Jon Basso said he thought it was a joke when a waitress told him a customer was sweating and shaking.

"A nurse came to me and said 'Dr Jon, we've got a patient who's in trouble'. The gentleman could barely talk. He was sweating, suffering," he told a local news station. "I actually felt horrible for the gentleman because tourists were taking photos of him as if it were some type of a stunt. But even with our morbid sense of humour we wouldn't pull a stunt like that." Dr Basso said he heard the man was recuperating. His name and the medical condition he suffered have not been released' - Orange.co.uk

Burgers priest in Toronto, the high priest. Best burgers I have ever had.

The "Burger Priest" was on Canada A.M. this morning, looking somewhat disheveled. Interesting guy, he was actually working towards becoming a priest, but discovered running his own burger place was his true calling.

The reason he was on TV was because his restaurant was just rated 3rd best in Toronto by Zagat's. I'm going to check it out next time I'm in the t-dot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to say that the burger I had today at Milles et Une Frites edges out Hintonburger for me. No knock on Hintonburger, just using it as a measuring stick. The meat for the all-beef burgers comes from a local farm. They are on Eddy Street in Hull.

Ironically, I didn't find their fries all that good.

• 5 months later...
Had a great burger today at Mille et une frites on Eddy street in Hull. They are made fresh to order and lots of toppings are available. They also do good fries. Best burger I've had in Hull.

I have to say that the burger I had today at Milles et Une Frites edges out Hintonburger for me. No knock on Hintonburger, just using it as a measuring stick. The meat for the all-beef burgers comes from a local farm. They are on Eddy Street in Hull.

Ironically, I didn't find their fries all that good.

Okay, a few of us hit this place for lunch today and I was kind of hoping it would just be average so I could crap on you but yeah, it's the best burger I have had in Hull. Definitely better than Pappy's or Yummy's burgers. They're not taking it to the next level or anything but it's good, it's cheap, the fries were good enough (a little over cooked at the bottom of the bag) and it's 3 minutes from the office. We'll definitely be going back.

IMG_20121026_115752.jpg

IMG_20121026_120022.jpg

(no actual picture of the burger, I was hungry)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Burger King to J-Hud:

Free Burgers for Life!

Burger King has awarded Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson an all-you-can-eat pass for their fast food restaurants... for life! Have it your way... forever!

Hudson reacted to Simon Cowell's criticism of her for not thanking "American Idol" in her Oscar speech. She reportedly snapped back, "If I'd been any better at my job when I was at Burger King in my middle teens, I wouldn't be here either, so should I thank them, too?" Hudson worked at the BK on East 87th and State Street in Chicago. Burger King was her first job at age 16, where she worked with her sister, who claims she sang while working the drive-thru and flipping burgers.

In an exclusive statement to TMZ, Burger King responded to Hudson's beef, assuring her that no thanks is necessary, and awarded her with BK for life:

"...In response to Jennifer's recent comments in which she asked if she should be thanking Burger King, we say thanks, but no thanks are necessary. Burger King Corporation is proud of Jennifer's success and while we never like to lose employees, in this case, our loss is the entertainment industry's gain ... To further show our support for Jennifer, and make sure she never has to sing for her supper again, Burger King Corporation is giving her a pre-paid BK Crown Card that will be automatically reloaded for life."

Looks like a whopper of a win for Jennifer.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2007/03/12/burger-king-to-j-hud-free-burgers-for-life/#ixzz2NIFRXgQx

Visit the TMZ Store: http://tmzstore.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The burger at The Flying Spatula in Eugenia, Ontario is fully kick ass! This place was featured on the food networks, you gotta eat here and it is true..you do.

http://www.foodnetwork.ca/you+gotta+eat+here/video/season+2/holy+grill+the+flying+spatula+chewies+steam+and+oyster+bar/video.html?v=2370253159&p=3&s=dd#you+gotta+eat+here/video/season+2

oops..it might be Flesherton..it is inbetween.

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

Ha Ha!

I might just try that, but I would put the bacon on the burger and eat the egg separately!

The reason I'm so put off by a fried egg on a burger - about 8 years ago I went to Paris for 2 weeks vacation. After 10 days or so of nice restaurants and wine with every meal, I got really severe heartburn and indigestion. It was like nothing I had ever experienced before.

I thought a good old hamburger would be just like home, and easily digestible, but the fried egg on top set me off in a bad way!

• 7 months later...

Papa Heningway’S FAVORITE HAMBURGER. There is no reason why a fried hamburger has to turn out gray, greasy, paper-thin and tasteless. You can add all sorts of goodies and flavors to the ground beef -- minced mushrooms, cocktail sauce, minced garlic and onion, chopped almonds, a big dollop of piccadilli, or whatever your eye lights on. Papa prefers this combination.

Ingredients --

1 lb. ground lean beef

2 cloves, minced garlic

2 little green onions, finely chopped

1 heaping teaspoon, India relish

2 tablespoons, capers

1 heaping teaspoon, Spice Islands sage

Spice Islands Beau Monde Seasoning -- ½ teaspoon

Spice Islands Mei Yen Powder -- ½ teaspoon **

1 egg, beaten in a cup with a fork

About one third cup dry red or white wine.

1 tablespoon cooking oil

What to do --

Break up the meat with a fork and scatter the garlic, onion and dry seasonings over it, then mix them into the meat with a fork or your fingers. Let the bowl of meat sit out of the icebox for ten or fifteen minutes while you set the table and make the salad. Add the relish, capers, everything else including wine and let the meat sit, quietly marinating, for another ten minutes if possible. Now make four fat, juicy patties with your hands. The patties should be an inch thick, and soft in texture but not runny. Have the oil in your frying-pan hot but not smoking when you drop in the patties and then turn the heat down and fry the burgers about four minutes. Take the pan off the burner and turn the heat high again. Flip the burgers over, put the pan back on the hot fire, then after one minute, turn the heat down again and cook another three minutes. Both sides of the burgers should be crispy brown and the middle pink and juicy.

** Spice Islands discontinued its production of Mei Yen Powder three years ago. If you don’t have any in your pantry, here’s how to recreate it:

9 parts salt

9 parts sugar

2 parts MSG

If a recipe calls for 1 teaspoon Mei Yen Powder, use 2/3 tsp of the dry recipe (above) mixed with 1/8 tsp of soy sauce.

• 3 months later...

Got bored sitting around the yard drinking beers, so decided to grind up some beef and make up a few stuffed burgers.

Ground up a couple rib eyes I got from a friend, added a nice mix of seasoning (smoked paprika, mustard powder, granulated onion and garlic powder, fine ground peppercorns and a some organic kosher sea salt and a half pack of dried onion & mushroom soup mix for binding)

Inside I threw some left over (hickory) smoked chicken I had from the other day and some 17 year old grated cheddar I picked up at a family farm shop a couple weeks back.

Decided on lump charcoal for this one, got the grill up to about 375 F and seared each side for about 60 seconds, then closed the bottom vents to drop temp to 275 F removed from direct heat and threw some butternut wood chunks in for smoke after about 10 mins or so, I opened the vents all the way again to raise the temp and threw them back over the coals for a finishing sear. Topped of with homemade wild turkey BBQ sauce, sliced jalapeno and some keen's mustard. Gonna be a good sleep tonight I think..

:chug:

Before and after.

35n79ep.jpg

2505y83.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...