Jambands.ca

BURGERS!

rubberdinghy

• 2 weeks later...

i had an AMAZING burger last weekend in CT at a place called Shady Glen. the burger has 3 slices of cheese over it and sticking out so when it is fried on the griddle the cheese gets crispy fried yet chewy. it was the bestest ever. the sides and shakes were super too :) SO GOOD

3835082450_a550689fb0.jpg

We went to Frenchy's today.

I watched the cook alternate between making hamburger patties with his bare hands and assembling the burgers.

Major cross-contamination happening there. Aren't there laws against this?

I don't expect that "cook" to be working there by the time we go for our next visit.

The guy was slow, unsanitary, and legally blind. I could tell his boss was not pleased.

• 2 weeks later...

went to the works tonight. i got the firestation #6, it had sour cream, jalapenos, salsa and avocado on it.

i have to say it wasn't mind blowing! as darren pointed out, it was kind of dry. i think next time we'll sign the waiver and get them a bit rarer!

**however, i got the curry mayo with my sweet potato fries and that was tasteeeeee!

Edited by Guest

Anybody here eat at M:brgr in Montreal?

http://eatwellmontreal.com/mbrgr/

I've been there. They do make a great burger, but it's not really worth the price. I had a $12 ginger mojito with it that was very good, but still not worth the bucks. My wife had a Nicoise salad that she said was tremendously unremarkable. The service and ambiance sucked.

You're much better off heading to La Paryse where they have great service, atmosphere and food -- all at a reasonable price. They make great veggie burgers there too.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting back to Famous Frenchy's - they've got a facebook group now. I joined up, and saw that they posted their new menu. They've jacked up their prices significantly!

It's that old trick - get you addicted, then raise the prices.

Too be honest, I thought their prices were pretty cheap before. Now the prices are more in line with the competition.

• 1 month later...

Pork burgers!

These began somewhat by accident, but I've now made them a couple of times to much fanfare.

No measurements, just use what you feel like you'll like.

- Ground pork

- 2 or 3 large garlic cloves, minced

- half a white onion, finely chopped

- A couple liberal splashes of Tamari (besides adding a lot of flavour, adds a lot of moistness) .. this is key [you could probably substitute soy sauce - never tried]

- ground ginger

- paprika

- cayenne pepper

- sea salt, black pepper

Mix well, make patties, etc..

Pork is so easy to work with you probably won't need an egg to help keep it all together or anything.

Cook to 160F. Feeling pretty full after eating 4 of these. Topped with ketchup, mustard, slice of avocado and shiitake.

I had one of the best burgers ever yesterday at a restaurant in Clarks Summit, PA

An 8-ounce patty, topped with pepper jack cheese, BBQ sauce, mushrooms, fried onions, and - get this - pulled pork!

Artery-hardening goodness.

Can't remember the name of the place, but I'll remember where it is and I'll be back!

That is what dreams are made of.