Jambands.ca

BURGERS!

rubberdinghy

i went to bobby's burger palace when i was down there this weekend...so good! everything was delicious. i had the dallas burger which had coleslaw on it and potato chips too, which made it nice and crunchy. after a few minutes when the chips crumble into the burger it's really good. good stuff!

i didn't have a camera with me :( but this is how it is served with the potato chips

BobbyBurger__CrunchyBurger_v1_12_-_Version_3.jpg

next time i make homemade burgers I'm totally making up a packet of Swiss Chalet Dipping sauce and adding it liberally

chalet-dip.jpg

It'll either be glorious or horrendous

I'd add the red stuff conservatively. Maybe add half a packet to the burger mixture, and use the rest to make a half-size mixture of the dipping sauce?

Aloha,

Brad

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Jules: You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese in France?

Brett: No.

Jules: Tell 'em, Vincent.

Vincent: A Royale with cheese.

Jules: A Royale with cheese! You know why they call it that?

Brett: Because of the metric system?

Jules: Check out the big brain on Brett! You're a smart motherfucker. That's right. The metric system.

• 2 months later...
Hamburger fans who got a kick out of Famous Frenchy's sassy triple bypass burgers and poutine at 506 Rideau St. will be saddened to learn the place is closed, the building sold, and now reopened under completely new management called Frenzies Gourmet Burgers.

Unfortunately, Famous French's rock-bottom prices are also a thing of the past. A burger that was once $3.85 was $7.45 when I dropped by the other day. A cheeseburger once at $4.25 is now $7.95; a truiple-patty sandwich that cost $7.85 at Famous Frenchy's is listed at $11.45 at Frenzies. The meat supplier is the same, however.

Readers may recall I first wrote about Famous Frenchy's in July 2009, a project of Josee Trudel and husband Shonn Bidner, a hair stylist who used to operate Shonn's Makeover and Spa at the same location. They had enough with the shampoo and decided to try something completely different by flipping burgers. It was very popular with the University of Ottawa crowd, apparently.

But Frenchy's closed in mid-January and Shonn sold the property for "personal reasons."

"I was optimistic that in a year or two we would have made a good living at it," Shonn says, "but the restaurant business is very tough."

The new owner of Frenzies could not be reached for comment.