Jambands.ca

I Bemoan The Lack Of Taco Options in Our Society.

MarcO

There oughtta be a law.

Seriously, the taco is one of those "perfect" foods. Hard shell, soft shell, pork, chicken, fish, beef, veggies, whatever. Everyone loves a good taco, except those bastards in Ireland. Tacos should be on the menu of every diner and tavern around. They should be sold on the street instead of those endless farts they call sausages. Wendy's should sell them. Shoppers Drug Mart should sell them.

We need to start a grass-roots Taco Awareness Movement and get that corn tortilla goodness on more menus, more street carts, out of the hands of the common Mexican and into Starbucks for $14 a taco.

ANYTHING except the diarreah they call Taco Bell.

BE WITH ME OR DIE!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am SO in.

I love Mexican food!

Best combo? Marinated pork tenderloin or any kind of pulled pork in latin spices with GRILLED PINEAPPLE. Oh yeah.

Go for the real corn tortillas over the flour.

I also love fish and citrus soup. I'll dig up the recipe and post it. It's to die for with tacos.

But wouldn't taco street vendors rock? Dang that's a good idea. Where do I buy a cart? I'd love to work 3 hours a day.

But wouldn't taco street vendors rock? Dang that's a good idea. Where do I buy a cart? I'd love to work 3 hours a day.

haha - once upon a time I looked into this; seemed like a good idea. But the Ontario laws regarding street food are so strict and specific that they're basically designed so that nothing else other than pre-cooked sausages are fit for serving. One woman in Toronto tried to run a crepe stand - with some success, until it got shut down thanks to beauracracy.

Write your MPP and tell them you want tacos damnit!!

One woman in Toronto tried to run a crepe stand - with some success, until it got shut down thanks to beauracracy.

Back during Westfest (a street festival in Ottawa's Westboro neighbourhood) this year, there was a crepe stand set up, making them fresh in front of you. I had asparagus & cheese. :)

Aloha,

Brad

they do have taco street vendors, just not here...

L A is riddled with them...you gotta go where the taco culture is, otherwise your only options are a bastardized version of the original (read: taco bell)

Shiestel: I'm with ya on the Big Fat Burrito...good lord it's huuuuge and extremely tasty....might I suggest the half chicken half sweet potato - HEAVEN!

Alright, I'm willing to work full time on an ultimate Taco Delivery service. Pay me the bucks and I will cook you up some P-R-I-M-E Taco goodness anytime any of you please.

Everyone deserves Tacos , sweet tacos.

**Will accept greenery and sexual favors as payments**

How do ya like that feed of a marketing tool. No one can resist a sexy dreadie chick at your door with a basket full of tacos.

Adios

Steph

Christ, there's a blog for everything these days...

yeah and it's quite a blog too!

IMG_0587.jpg

Inside the hut a pigeon came towards me. I recognized him as a dissident from my days as grand chancellor of tacos el unico.I offered him some tortilla but he was hesitant, perhaps remembering my tyranny. Eventually he started to peck at the tortilla and I used the opportunity to make my escape to the outside tables.

here's a good homegrown taco that is mostly El Paso-free. I like their premade shells the best, so I always use them. One day I will make my own taco shells though. I already have the Masa corn flour.

1 tbsp vegetable oil

1 pound of ground pork

1 tsp cumin

1 tsp chili powder

1 tsp salt

1 tsp dried oregano

1 jalapeno pepper, minced

1 tsp Cayenne (optional for added heat)

3/4 cup frozen corn.

1 small onion, diced

1-3 cloves of garlic, minced (depending on the size)

1. Heat oil in non-stick skillet

2. add onion and cook until fragrant and translucent.

3. add pork and brown

4. add garlic, jalapeno, and frozen corn when pork is mostly browned

5. fry for another 3 min or so

6. add cumin, chili powder, cayenne, salt and mix into meat mixture. Add a tbsp of water if it is too dry. The bit of fat from the pork should be enough to help coat the pork.

To Serve:

Heat your shells in the oven at 350 for about 5 minutes. Add a couple of tablespoons of meat mixture to the taco. Top with cheese and your favourite toppings (diced onion, diced tomato, avocado, green onion, lettuce) and of course the BEST sour cream money can buy. We use Liberté Sour Cream. If you can find that, it is THE BEST! Super thick. And for the ultimate topper....Sriracha chinese chili sauce!

sriracha.jpg

while it's only *slightly* better than taco bell, there's a mexicali rosa's about a block from my place. monday night is $5 nachos! mmmmm pitcher of sangria and nacho's for $20....mmmmm

if you're ever in guelph check out the salsateria...i don't know about taco's, but they're heady buritos are yummy.