Jambands.ca

I Bemoan The Lack Of Taco Options in Our Society.

MarcO

I need a twelve step program for mexican food.

I could eat it breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Perhaps you're transethnic? You know, the soul of a Mexican trapped in the body of a Martimer.

GO TACO!

That was the name of the taco place I wanted to open.

How about Mexican/Maritime fusion cuisine? You take donair fixings (including the sweet sauce) and serve them in taco shells. Call the place "Taco B'y."

Aloha,

Brad

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems pretty much any grocer on Somerset carries that sauce. And as Del mentioned they have a garlic version, it comes in a smaller jar with a green lid. Add equal parts of that sauce and peanut butter, along with soy sauce and sesame oil to taste, and you've got a delicious spicy peanut sauce. Perfect for dumplings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

that mexicali rosa's isnt all its cracked up to bee, its like a high priced taco bell, we didnt find the price to portion+quality was good at all.

i remember seeing a shirt at some phish show that said: "if it wasnt meant to be eaten why the hell is it shaped like a taco??"

i was at mexicali's on friday, i had the club quesadilla and it was yummmmm. and a bucket of baby coronas. :)

i used to work at "taco time" in chatham. it was better than taco bell but chatham just wasn't ready for a second taco joint.

mmm tacos!

• 4 weeks later...
Walked by a new takeout place opening soon on Dalhousie, next to End Hits called Coco's. Signs in the window promise tacos and home-made salsa. Looks a little lo-fi but I think that's a good sign. Looking forward to the opening!

Walked by this place again on Sunday. If they're not open yet, they look like they will be any day now. Maybe they just aren't open on Sunday.

Looks very promising... "take-out Mexican".

we do soft tacos, quesadillas alot over here. I've become very comfortable with cumin, chili powder, cayenne, jalepeno, garlic, salt, onion powder, corriander, oregano, ah hell, all of them fun mexicany spices.

Marinated Grilled Pork tenderloin (or ground) and grilled pineapple are the greatest in soft tacos.

hey bouchers...thanks for the suggestion....i'ma try that with some tofu instead of pork...but soft or hard tofu...hmmmm

i love making the veggie ground round with old el paso taco seasoning in soft shells. mmmmmm i think i'll make that for dinner tomorrow!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...