Jambands.ca
Sign in to follow this  
bouche

Prostate exams

Today there is a little article in the paper (24HRS.CA) called "PROSTATE CANCER: THE MOST COMMON CANCER FOR MEN"

It's got a great diagram that shows what the prostate looks like. They compare the 'normal' size to the equivalent of a walnut. It lists symptoms like 'Painful Ejaculation' and the 'Presence of blood in urine or sperm'.

I don't think I really needed to read that to know to go straight to the doctors if ejaculation is PAINFUL.

Anyway, I just found the article slighty funny in parts. Mainly this little point:

Detecting any mass, irregularity, size or texture variation of the prostate is therefore easy thanks to the rectal touch performed by the physician.

Since when is the rectal exam just a little touch? Shouldn't they be calling it the "rectal violation" performed by the physician?

I had one while 3 female japanese residents were doing their training at the clinic. It was unnerving.

I'm under 30 but my Doc said it was worth ASKING your family doctor to take a look anyway during your exam. It can happen at a younger age than what they usually quote.

"Looks like we're almost done here Adam"

"Great, thanks. But if you have a few minutes would you mind fingering my ass?"

My doctor doesn't speak english very well so one time when I went for a basic check up she misunderstood what I had said. Basically when I realized she thought I'd asked for a prostate exam she already had her gloves on and was ready to go.

I let her do it. I guess they were symetrical (at least I think that's what she said). I think I was 25 or 26 at the time.

Back when I was selling endoscopes the operation to pare down an enlarged prostate was one I got to see done on video. They use something called a urethroscope and the entire process does not look like much fun. I don't envy guys one little bit. I'm not positive on the stats but I think that something like 30% of all men will need this operation by the time they're 70.