Jambands.ca

THE POLICE TO TOUR AGAIN!!!

richbass

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"And on Thursday night at the Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles, Sting dedicated a lute version of “Message in a Bottle†to the pair of former comrades who happened to be seated in the auditorium."

Bwahahahahahaha.

If he wants Stewart to reconsider this whole thing, he probably got the ball rolling quickly with this one.

What a dink.

Sean

"And on Thursday night at the Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles, Sting dedicated a lute version of “Message in a Bottle†to the pair of former comrades who happened to be seated in the auditorium."

Bwahahahahahaha.

If he wants Stewart to reconsider this whole thing, he probably got the ball rolling quickly with this one.

What a dink.

Sean

still, Sting plucking a lute's gotta be better than Oysterhead, so maybe Copeland should keep his fingers crossed for that Police reunion after all.

I hope I'm proven wrong, but I just can't see this happening. For the same reason as Pink Floyd - they (namely Sting) don't need the money. Why would Sting tour with the Police when he can play roughly the same size venues on his own and not split the money three ways?

I think the main drawing points here is that it is the 30th anniversary year for The Police, and they have stated they will commemorate it somehow, but nothing more specific.

Also, unlike the Pink Floyd comparison, I think Sting has really reconciled his relationship with the other two. He wants this to happen, for fun as much as money.

I think the main drawing points here is that it is the 30th anniversary year for The Police, and they have stated they will commemorate it somehow, but nothing more specific.

Also, unlike the Pink Floyd comparison, I think Sting has really reconciled his relationship with the other two. He wants this to happen, for fun as much as money.

So true Roger Waters is still being an arrogant baby. For the record I'd go see Pink Floyd without Waters again. The '94 Division Bell tour was killer.

Edited by Guest

I think the main drawing points here is that it is the 30th anniversary year for The Police' date=' and they have stated they will commemorate it somehow, but nothing more specific.

Also, unlike the Pink Floyd comparison, I think Sting has really reconciled his relationship with the other two. He wants this to happen, for fun as much as money.[/quote']

So true Roger Waters is still being an arrogant baby. For the record I'd go see Pink Floyd without Waters again. The '94 Division Bell tour was killer.

actually, after Live 8, Waters was gung-ho to do more with the others. Even said he would record with them again. It is Gilmour who wants nothing to do with a PF tour these days.

• 2 weeks later...
I think the main drawing points here is that it is the 30th anniversary year for The Police' date=' and they have stated they will commemorate it somehow, but nothing more specific.

Also, unlike the Pink Floyd comparison, I think Sting has really reconciled his relationship with the other two. He wants this to happen, for fun as much as money.[/quote']

actually, after Live 8, Waters was gung-ho to do more with the others. Even said he would record with them again. It is Gilmour who wants nothing to do with a PF tour these days.

Seriously!!!?! If it's not one thing it's another! Damn!

Seriously!!!?! If it's not one thing it's another! Damn!

hell Waters said THIS WEEK he would play again with Gilmour. "Sure, why not" was his answer!

Nick and I have rekindled our friendship and we've become good friends again which is great because he was always my great buddy and when there were four of us Dave, Rick, me and Nick was always by good pal so it was a great sadness that in all the fussing and fighting we drifted apart.

We're great pals again now and that's a gift for our declining years or to put it another way as we move into our prime! Pink Floyd can be anything you want to anyone you want. Who knows? The Floyders might get back together and do something who knows.

Mark Sainsbury: So you're not opposed to that

Roger Waters: No of course not. I'd do it in a heartbeat. I don't think Dave wants to do it all. I think he sort of regretted Live 8 a bit so who knows [Mark: why?] Well because it was his band and suddenly it wasn't any more. Suddenly this is what it was, this is the sort of thing it actually is - it's Dave and Roger and Nick and Rick. And he said afterwards it would have been just the same if Roger hadn't been there, but it's not the same.

Mark Sainsbury: But you could work with him again?

Roger Waters: Sure, why not?

Mark Sainsbury: It would be a dream wouldn't it? People would fall over themselves.

Roger Waters: I think it would be great. I mean I thought even doing those three numbers that evening [Live 8, 2005] was great. And the recordings of it afterwards sounded pretty good.

But if it ever happened, and I've no idea how it would happen, it would just be very problematic. Live 8 was great, I loved it. I'll say no more than that.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/410965/966993

Either way I bet Waters is still an arrogant prick. It was interesting reading about the rehearsals and all the old vibes and issues coming up again. Must have been magic to see from the outside.

I love those pics of them in arms after their set.