Jambands.ca

Coachella 2007 lineup

AD

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was there 2 years ago

fly to LAX, rent a car, drive 3 hours to indio, camp in the oppressive heat, see the bands, stay hydrated, get sleep while it's dark and cool (no party scene in the campground), and hit santa monica or long beach for a few hours before catching your flight back.

we flew ottawa - newark - lax, although there might be direct toronto - lax flights.

it is an awesome festival, beautiful setting, beautiful people, very well run, awesome bands, go if you can, you'll love it.

the downside is that it's really fucking hot all the time. and no alcohol allowed in the campground. we got around this but didn't end up drinking any, the heat wore us out.

yup, strict at 11. the year i went the cut mos def's mic and he went after the guy who did it. lots of homes in the area.

til 7 in the morning you sleep, it's too hot the rest of the day to be in a tent. once the sun is up they send staff to every tent to make sure the people are awake and not dying. it's really that hot.

if you're looking for a party scene, book a hotel room with air conditioning. there are no parties at coachella after the music stops. best to go offsite if you want to remain loopy.

ad

the site is in the middle of residential neighbourhoods, it shuts down because of noise bylaws.

but really, if you wanna get all sketched out and go crazy, the electronic tents start up at 10 in the morning and go til 11 at night. that's 13 hours. if you were going to do that normally you'd go for that long, you'd just start later.. am i wrong? so just alter your daily plan and no problems.

not like you'd see the daylight any time in those massive tents. (Which are awesome... lasers, projections, huge sound, lights, other eye-candy).

and who says you have to be sober? there are plenty of beer tents if i remember correctly, and you can drop pills whenever you want.....

if you like the bands you should go.

lets face it, that line up, on bonnaroo's site would be so much better.

nah, i think that's a distinctly coachella-ian lineup. i don't think it would work anywhere else.

too bad about all the travel BS or I'd be at Coachella every year along with Bonnaroo.

the lineup with the most promise this year so far is Primavera Sound in Barcelona. Slint is getting back together and playing Spiderland in its entirety.

I went last year and said that I would never go back after being handcuffed and kicked out for peeing behind some trees way out of sight (not out of sight from some loser security gaurd)because there was no bathrooms and HUGE lineups. I snuck back in using the old diabetes story, then once Tool was over they funneled all 30,000 people through one exit...it was really scary. The shows all rocked!! Eagles of Death Metal wailed!! We flew into Palm Springs and rented a sweet house for cheap near the polo grounds. I think I'm buying my ticket for this year tomorrow!!

why would you piss in front of a security guard at an upscale polo club then get indignant when they kick you out?

also, tickets don't go on sale until saturday. (there's supposedly a KROQ presale on Thursday but nobody knows the password yet)

and rumours of portishead and muse abound...