Jambands.ca

Worst Job Interview

Ms Zimmy

my worst was after i'd applied to RMC in kingston, the recruiting officer that interviewed me sized me up and i could tell he didn't think of me as officer material.

don't remember many questions or anything but i know i stumbled over a lot of the answers. thank god that never panned out, i would probably have been court martialled, blackballed or tarred and feathered or something by now

Details eh?

Well...with a Government Department, a panel of 5. It lasted almost 2 hours. I spilt my water all over the table. And found myself thinking about the strangest things, like how my cat ate tinsel one Christmas and it was flowing out her @ss when I came home that night...it was so weird. I managed to keep it together but I got some pretty funny looks. That and I kept drawing blanks at the simplest questions. And I think that I forgot how to speak french overnight!

Edited by Guest

During my second last interview for a promotion in here, I was slouched well into my chair in an almost fetal-like position as if I was trying to hide from the interviewers and scratching everything from my forearms to my head while constantly starting every answer with a 20 second "Uuuuuuum".............

I got weird looks from the 3 broads that were interviewing me. One was a former manager of mine and I am pretty sure she talked me up before I entered that room because we had a great working relationship. In the long run, I went after a position I was clearly not prepared to go after. Half of the questions sounded like they were being asked in Martian which is why I probably looked like I had 2 pounds of heroin in my system.

I was way over-matched.

Details eh?

Well...with a Government Department, a panel of 5. It lasted almost 2 hours. I spilt my water all over the table. And found myself thinking about the strangest things, like how my cat ate tinsel one Christmas and it was flowing out her @ss when I came home that night...it was so weird. I managed to keep it together but I got some pretty funny looks. That and I kept drawing blanks at the simplest questions. And I think that I forgot how to speak french overnight!

what department? If it's Transport or Rail (Rail is a couple of floors above you at the Enterprise Building), I assure you you're way ahead of most people in the offices. Also, if you're being hired by a man, you're probably at the top of the list.

Our own Chief spilt water all over her table in her recent interview for her own job. She also pointed out that her panel was taking notes to much that making eye contact didn't matter. She could have just stared at the ceiling.

I've never had a bad job interview. My interview for this job consisted of going for a drink of water with my boss. We just chatted about when I'll be starting. There's just something about me I guess ;)

flew back from BC for a big $$$ job a day and a half after getting the job offer call

during the interview the interviewer said "well if we can wake up this fellow we'll head on over to the plant."

which woke me up and made me realize I was sound asleep and drooling on my chest

got the job

I'm a nurse, my worst job interview was for a privately run nursing home with a creepy male owner, who was not a nurse. He didn't ask one nursing related question, all he wanted to know was what kind of car I drove and where I had gone on my last vacation, then proceeded to tell me about his last vacation. He told me that someone would be in touch the next day about the job, they called 6 months later wanting to know if I was still interested. Not exactly, between the interview and the call I heard some really bad stories about the guy and the place.