Jambands.ca

Oasis at the Brit Awards

lara

saw them way back in 97' I think...up at molson park in barrie...as part of this big multi act show... Neil Young headlining it with a giant harvest moon coming up over the stage a couple songs into his set was my main highlight. A close second highlight was the whole crowd throwing bottles, shoes, clumps of earth basically anything we could throw at Liam Gallagher as he taunting us on to keep tryin to hit him...it was a great performance up until that.

Edited by Guest

Oasis live is like seeing the Hip. Its a good band on stage, but half the crowd thinks everyone has paid $75 to hear them sing along (badly).

Haha.. yeah, I totally noticed that. While I've seen it with my favourite bands as well, it did seem particularly hardcore with Oasis.

Oasis is one of the supergroups from my high-school years. And they're at the tailend of their career. Maybe one day a child of mine will hear Oasis and ask me if I saw them. And I'll have to say no. And then the little smarty-pants will say, "but I thought you were really into music..." "Um... yeah, I was..."

I'd like to see them just once.

I was at that show at Molson Park... it was Aug. 31st 1996 actually. Neil & Crazy Horse, Oasis, Jewel, Gin Blossoms, and a couple of others.

I seem to recall Liam sitting cross legged at the front of the stage, dodging shoes and water bottles and telling the crowd, "if you were my kids, I'd lock you in the fuckin' cupboard."