Jambands.ca

Cool, obscure uploads thread.

StoneMtn

Well, I don't even care if I'm just talking to myself in this thread, at this point. I'm gonna keep right on doing that.

So, here's a little ditty by a band of hooligans from Ottawa, in the mid-90s.

Here's a copy of 'Mi Ritmo' by Bob Loblaw (aka one of the many bands Velvet's been in)

This song was originally just the four guys jamming during sound-check, checking all different sounds by running through scales. Then, one day, Paul started singing, "My rhythm is a monster" and one of the coolest songs was born...

2007 has seen reunions for nero, The Police, Rage Against The Machine, and The Wu-Tang Clan. Can one for Bob Loblaw be far behind?

Aloha,

Brad

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already downloaded that one in your other thread, my friend. I also forwarded it to a good friend of mine named "Dylan", who (as you may guess) is not only a fan, but has a father who is a little obsessed with Bob.

Thanks for this. (I arrived in Vancouver three months after this show happened. So close, yet so far...)

Here's a really beautiful old-time bluegrassy version (and great recording) of Bob Dylan's 'Buckets Of Rain' I found while surfing some FTP servers I still frequent.

I used my googlepage for this one, so anyone interested can stream it or save it.

Stairwell Sisters - Buckets Of Rain

[color:red]Note on the recording:

None of the instruments and vocals are amplified, the taper did an awesome job of capturing this performace (the entire show is great).

Source: AKGC1000s - placed dfc, ORTF, lip of stage (band unamplified) > AD20 > JB3 (rec/tx by Paul Rennix) Transfer: JB3 > Firewire > Toshiba - Normed to -16dB slight edits in SF6, Tracked in CDWave > Flac