Jambands.ca

Roger Waters in Mumbai......

TheSloth

was the bomb. One of the best concert experiences of my life.

Thought the show would be a big hit amongst the tourists but we were few and far between. The locals were out in massive numbers. The venue was in the outskirts of the city basically on a dirt lot that was covered in carpets surrounded by corrugated metal and bamboo fences. People were going nuts. In the line going in I kind of thought to myself that I wish I was high but once inside the people themselves were more than enough. I couldn't even imagine what the crowd would have been like if they actually consumed anything.

The show itself was top notch. Setlist wise it was pretty consistent with the other shows on the tour. Standards like "In the Flesh", "Mother", "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun", "Shine on you Crazy Diamond", "Have a Cigar", "Wish you were here" in the first set along with a some Water originals ("Leaving Lebanon" i think its called was pretty neat and charged with anti-bush sentiment).

The Dark Side set was great (really fucking great) and he closed with "Another brick in wall, part 2", "Bring the boys back home", "Comfortably numb" which I think is pretty standard for the tour.

Can't say enough about the performance and the atmosphere.

peace

Dave

Qucik log in - no pics sorry Laura had the camera and she wasnt here yet.

Mumbai is amazing - having a blast sight seeing and relazing. One more day here and then Im heading NE to explore some ancient Budhists caves then back down south to the shore for some swimming and boozing.

peace

Dave

Tickets were 1000R ($27) 2000R($54) 3000R($81). I picked up a 2000R in front of the gates and it was the most crowded section but as soon as the show started half the 2000R section hopped the fences into the 3000R. I ended up in the very front of the 2000R section before the cops showed up in force - it was still a very civil and polite fence hopping though.

Anyway we're off to the country side tonight but I'll post some more once we arrive in Goa.

peace

Dave

My top concert remains Remember Shakti in Chennai...and it would've been amazing anywhere but seeing them in India was mindblowing.

More pics please, and if you get as far as Goa keep going south because all of the white people there will eventually get on your nerves.