Jambands.ca

Public Enemy @ The Docks 03/09

NewRider

the show at the docks was fuckin' awesome!

flava was wasted, and chuck may have been as well... but they delivered a great show. full band: drums, bass and guitar... and between PE songs, they rocked out some Hendrix, AC/DC, and a few others.

they started with bring the noise, then straight into fuck george bush, then carried on with the hits (most of the songs mentioned in this thread were played). fuck george bush included some audience participation and a 'salute' to the chief.

terminator x has not been with the band since '99, but his replacement was DJ Lord, a wizard on the turntables... he fucked up once, and becuase of his youthful stature, the group made him do pushups on stage. later, flava fucked up too... but apparently is exempt from pushups (and was probably too wasted to do them anyway).

overall, flava was great to watch on stage, hard to believe he's a human being, looking all wonky and dancing like a freak. chuck, griff and the s1w's all played their roles perfectly. professor griff is my new favourite... he remided me of del (the funkee homosapien) the way he was so cooooool on stage. super cool!

today, my boss is making me wear a clock around my neck... the fun continues!