Jambands.ca

The Office - official thread

bouche

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes comedies can't maintain the humour for longer than 30 minutes (23 minutes without comms), but I think The Office can for the most part. It's not like NBC has much of a choice to fill up an evening schedule since they really only have three or four good shows.

I just think the writing gets sloppy over 60 minutes, which, yes, I know is really only 43 minutes of content. The 30 minute (really 23 minutes) ones are tighter. Save the extra footage for the deleted scenes portion of the DVD.

Hey Rob, you can view deleted scenes for this season on the NBC web site, and maybe YouTube.

May 10, 06:02 PM

When Ninjas Attack!

Every year, when spring comes, my mind goes to one place and one place only, Ninjas.

Every time you read about Ninja’s attacking somebody or assassinating some public figure, it seems to happen in the spring. I’m not sure why, it’s just the way it is.

Maybe it’s the fact that the spring is traditionally the new year in most pagan religions. It is also the Persian festival, “Naw Ruz†or “New Yearâ€.

Whether it is a throwing star to the neck at a bowling alley, a poison spike that sails through an open window and lodges itself in the fleshy part of the leg, or a mysterious black-clad figure with a bo staff, perched up on the ceiling of your garage as you pull in your car from your awesome job, ninja attacks can and will happen anywhere and anytime.

And they happen to the best people too. Just ask my cousin Heindl. She has lost 12% hearing in her left ear from one.

Things to remember:

Be alert. Everybody loves a lert. (Ziggy joke)

Check ceilings first, when doing your safety inspections, that’s where they like to ‘hang’.

The best defense against a ‘shuriken’ or throwing star is a good offense. Also, armor.

You will never beat a ninja at a sword fight, one on one. When the Ninja draws his sword, fire your taser â„¢. A well placed taser â„¢ will take out even the most deadly of ninjas.

Show them that you know they’re there. Shout out, when entering a new locale or a suspicious locale, “I know you’re there, Mr. Ninja. Your element of surprise has now been taken away†[i’ve gotten many ‘funny’ looks for this kind of preparedness, but so be it. That is a risk I’m willing to take. Are YOU!?]

But most importantly, remember that a Ninja is only trying to kill you if someone has hired that ninja to do so. So for every ass-kicking Ninja trying to take someone out there is some alienated girlfriend, some enemy rival at the workplace or some Japanese feudal lord who has paid that Ninja to kill. Or worse.

I hope this web log has made your spring a more beautiful and restful time. That was the author’s intent. Also, fear.

Dwight Kurt Schrute, Assistant Regional manager, Dunder-Mifflin Paper

Chairman and Founder, Lackawanna County Ninja Preparedness Council

March 15, 09:26 PM

WEB LOG

I am no longer calling SchruteSpace a “blogâ€. It is now being called by its un-compacted name “web logâ€.

Welcome to my web log.

When I die, here’s how I want my funeral.

I would like Michael Scott to fashion my coffin from Dunder Mifflin paper boxes and duct tape. My pillow will be the cushion from my chair (product # 497 –A8).

I want it to be 6’8†long and 3’ wide with ventilation holes in case I come back to life for some reason.

I would like to be buried with several things.

1) My lover’s cat and/or my lover

2) My bobblehead

3) A cd of the Grassroots “Golden Grass†as well as anything by White Zombie

4) Michael Scott’s hair lock

5) My 2005 Pennsylvania State Fair prize winning beet “The Governatorâ€

6) My spud gun

7) My lover’s Bible

8) My album of sales awards, high school diploma, 2 year Associates degree in Business, business cards

9) Death certificate

10) Garlic

I would like Michael Scott to make a graveside speech. In it he should mention a few things, such as:

“Dwight Kurt Schrute was the best assistant regional manager I will ever have.â€

And

“I loved this man more than Andy or Jim or Pam.â€

(note: he does not have to include ‘Jan’ in said speech.)

I would like Mose to play Johann Sebastian Bach’s “Toccata and Fugue†on his whirligig.

Cold beet salad with Venison and mustard greens will be the menu. All will enjoy.

I want Jim to get on his knees and beg my forgiveness and while he’s in mid cry Mose will hit him in the back of his head with an oar.

Please make sure these specifications are followed to the letter or I will come back from the grave and

haunt each and every reader of this web log. AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!

In all sincerity that is all,

Dwight K. Schrute

The Pam/Jim story arc is long past its expiration date and they killed Jan's strong character two weeks ago. Am I the only one to notice this?

you're the only one to care

dude- it's a comedy!

not a kleenex fuelled-haagan daz out of the tub-crying coz it's so beautiful-girly romance!

To paraphrase Woody Allen in Love & Death : "What is this, Slap Ollie Day?"

The Pam/Jim story arc is long past its expiration date and they killed Jan's strong character two weeks ago. Am I the only one to notice this?

you're the only one to care

dude- it's a comedy!

not a kleenex fuelled-haagan daz out of the tub-crying coz it's so beautiful-girly romance!

That's my point exactly. I wish they'd cut that out and focus on the funny.