Jambands.ca

The Office - official thread

bouche

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FACK! for some reason, NBC, and CBS were all screwed up tonight and the PVR recorded nothing. Videotron has to send a dude out to figure out what's wrong with the frequencies of those channels.

I told the dude on the phone how pissed I was to have missed the season finale of the office and he said, "you can always catch it on a repeat".

When's that going to happen? September?

There's a great example of why downloading torrents on demand rocks. We'll be watching them tomorrow night after hitting up mininova.org.

update: got the episode downloading now. I love the internet.

Jim: Okay, just so I understand it. In your wildest fantasy, you are in hell. And you are co-running a bed and breakfast with the devil.

Dwight: Yeah, but I haven’t told you my salary yet.

Jim: Go.

Dwight: $80,000 a year.

Dwight: Don’t you want to earn Schrute bucks?

Stanley: No. In fact, I’ll give you a billion Stanley nickels if you never talk to me again.

Dwight: What’s the ratio of Stanley nickels to Schrute bucks?

Stanley: The same as the ratio of unicorns to leprechauns.

Partly copied from something I wrote on another board ...

For some reason, my favorite line of the night was, "Goodbye ... Kelly Kapur!" Not a good night for Kelly, I love how when she says "What?", it's not out of shock or hurt or heartbreak, it sounds like she found something hairy in her Cobb salad.

Revelation of the night for me, Ryan has an MBA. As Fiona remarked, "Hence the bitterness."

The wit and wisdom of Creed Bratton

"That to me is highly offensive. Natural is the way to go, baby. Swing Low, Sweet Chariots."

they killed Jan's strong character two weeks ago. Am I the only one to notice this?

Yup :);)

that was a funny episode.

Bouche, maybe the dude on the phone meant you could catch it with time-shifting. I watched it at 11 from the western Canada Global channels.

Yep, he prolly meant the time zone repeats. I love the jim pam thing. they're cute. I mostly like the strange relationship pam has with karen and that neither karen or pam are one dimensional.

Both seem pretty good for jim and both are decent people.

oh well. speaking of relationships. wonder how the jan making her relationship with michael her full time job will work out for them next year.

Gonna be awesome to see ryan as michaels boss.

wonder how the jan making her relationship with michael her full time job will work out for them next year.

Stretch pants.

We just watched it and I thought Jan was a total all-star but the ending with Ryan had me rolling around on the carpet in laughter.

Our tv just got fixed today. the technician said that videotron installed a filter on the poll that screwed with some HD channels. so they were totally responsible for fucking up my tv schedule. I had to illegally download both The Office and CSI to stay on top of things.

I feel like they owe us a free mth just to say Sorry.

• 1 month later...
'Office' hours coming early

NBC frontloads longer episodes at start of season

By RICK PORTER -- Zap2It.com

Remember all those hour-long "Office" episodes NBC promised for the 2007-08 season? Well, make sure you don't miss the first few weeks.

The network announced Monday that the comedy's season premiere on Thursday, Sept. 27 would be an hour long. Later in the day, though, executive producer Greg Daniels noted that the show would run long for its first four weeks, eating up four of the five extra half-hours NBC trumpeted as a rerun-busting strategy at May's upfronts.

"It was their request," Daniels says of the scheduling, which will pit "The Office" against the likes of "Grey's Anatomy" and "CSI" for a full hour at 9 p.m. ET. The longer episodes at the start of the season will also fill a hole in the schedule, as NBC won't premiere "The Office's" lead-out, "Scrubs," until Oct. 25.

At May's upfronts, NBC touted the extended order for "The Office" as part of a strategy to cut down on the number of repeats throughout the season. As things stand, though, the show will be in original episodes for 25 weeks of the season -- the same as last year.

The beginning of the season, Daniels says, will sort out the events that occurred in last May's final episodes, including the firing of Jan (Melora Hardin) and Ryan (BJ Novak) taking over her old job.

"We're dealing with Ryan being the boss and trying to shake things up and bringing the company more into the Internet age," Daniels says. "That's the main thing at the beginning. And also Jan living with Michael -- she's moved in."

Daniels also says Jenna Fischer, who plays Pam, is recovering from multiple fractures in her back -- which she suffered after falling at NBC's post-upfront party -- and should be able to work when "The Office" begins filming next month.

"I spoke to her this morning," he says. "She's getting better, walking around, exercising. ... We'll proabably take it a little easy on her in the beginning."

• 2 months later...

Reminder for tonight!!

- That's why they call it a fun run. In tonight's hour-long season opener of The Office, office boss Michael Scott (Steve Carell) orders his staff to participate in a 5K charity run dubbed the "Dunder Mifflin Scranton Meredith Palmer Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run Race for the Cure." (9p.m., Global, NBC)

Don't click if you haven't watched the season premiere

It looks like they've jumped some evolutionary steps with some of the characters. I liked Jan better when she wasn't a basket case. Since when did Dwight hate Meridith so much? Ryan seems to have turned into a Metrosexual.