Jambands.ca

ROLL CALL: Friday, March 23rd. WASSABI COLLECTIVE w/ DJ Eccodek @ Reverb

Jay Funk Dawg

wassabi-to-poster.jpg

Wassabi Collective set to preview first full length studio album on upcoming Canadian Tour

www.nufunk.ca presents...

FRIDAY, MARCH 23rd, 2007

WASSABI COLLECTIVE

www.wassabi.net

www.myspace.com/wassabicollective

w/ DJ ECCODEK

http://www.andrewmcpherson.ca

http://www.myspace.com/eccodek

and UE

THE REVERB, 651 Queen St.

Toronto, ON

$10 Advance ( PD/RT/SS/ST/SB & Ticketweb)

"Wassabi Collective is critically acclaimed as one of Canada's best live independent bands. For over five years, they have enthralled audiences from coast to coast with their dynamic, explorative jams and eclectic...soul-satisfying sound..."(Off Centre Magazine-Dec 2006,BC)

WASSABI COLLECTIVE

How does one describe Canada 's touring entourage The Wassabi Collective? They fuse everything from roots reggae, funk, rock, jazz, drum and bass, trance, hip hop, blues, and everything in between, wrapping it all up with their own identifiable twist that has captivated dance floors and won them legions of fans across the country. It's a mouthful of intercontinental flavours; spicy, hot and stinging sounds.

After six years of intensive touring playing well over 600 hundred shows and headlining many underground festivals across the country The Wassabi Collective's determination to reach new horizons remains unmatched. The group has thrived in the face of conventional music industry wisdom; favouring a DYI approach that has won them a cult like following and sales of over 8,000 CDs off the stage, guest appearances of Juno nominated albums, televised appearances and playing to crowds in excess of 15,000.

The band's solid musicianship and creative approach to fusing many genres has come to fruition with the completion of their newest release "Stories Not Forgotten." The self-produced CD, recorded in British Columbia, is their strongest and most daring work yet, in which the quintet weaves strong melodies and genre-defying sounds through the album's 11 tracks.

Now with a solid Canadian March tour to promote the future release of the album, Wassabi Collective finds themselves again on the independent road to success, for them it's a road paved with determination, passion and instinct.

UPCOMING TOUR DATES

Feb 23, The Starlite Room Edmonton, AB

Feb 24, Lake Louise Ski Hill Lake Louise, AB

Feb 25, Wild Bills Banff, AB

Mar 8, The Casbah Hamilton, ON w/ Irie Band

Mar 9, Mavericks Ottawa, ON w/ Dave Lauzon

Mar 10, Canadian Music Week Showcase – Annex Wreck Room, Toronto, ON 10:30pm

Mar 14, The Cellar Fredericton, NB

Mar 15, Pats Place Antigonish, NS

Mar 16, The Attic Halifax, NS

Mar 17, Gothic Arches Saint John, NB w/ Jackfruit & Sonny D

Mar 21, Starlight Lounge Waterloo, ON

Mar 22, Gordon Best Theatre Peterborough, ON

Mar 23, Reverb Toronto, ON w/ DJ Eccodek & UE

Mar 24, Le Divan Orange Montreal, QC

please check www.wassabi.net for more information & updates

Please visit: www.wassabi.net and www.mysapce.com/wassabicolllective for more band history and info

Edited by Guest

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yippee!! I will be there!! Wassabi Collective is one my all time favorite bands! I've followed them out east, throughout Ontario and I just love their new material... I just got a copy of their new disc and it is just great!

I will be there with my glow poi! Please introduce yourself if you come out!

hell yea!!

new album is called "Stories Not Forgotten" and is excellent... wasn't fully impressed with the other releases (didn't feel they caught the whole of the band, preferred live recordings) but definately am with this one... beyond the fine tune selection and excellent production, the cover art (inside and out) is just beautiful

lookin forward to the 23rd

CATO is considered a EP.. it only has 5 or so songs.. this is their first full length studio album.. it's a great 'musical journey' they weave through some really great pieces.. funk, blues, soul, reggae ( - the song Spirit Guide is great! )

Shane Philip was down to play at CMW, he's flown back to Vancouver Island... hopefully we'll hear from him again, he was very good desipite sounding like a Xavier clone. I had a nice chat with him and he spoke about all the great acts that influenced him and those who really came up with the dig / acoustic / dance sound... Ash Dargon, Outback, Dr. Dige ... Xavier is the one artist who really took off with that sound.

on a slightly different topic, yet also quite similar......

you spelt Eccodek wrong in the thread title.

:P

kept meaning to mention that... (guess "c" and "o" do look a lot alike)

a cool pairing... Eccodek is awesome, and opening for Wassabi seems like an ideal slot to showcase that

wish more people would come check Andrew out when he plays hamilton

ok... I'm hyping the show next Friday... here's some thing to get you psyched:

Stream / Download the following:

Wassabi Collective live @ EVOLVE FESTIVAL 2006

http://www.archive.org/details/wc2006-08-05

Wassabi Collective live @ SHAMBALA 2005

http://www.archive.org/details/wc2005-8-14.sbd.flac16

Wassabi Collective live @ MAVERICK's in OTTAWA 2007

http://www.archive.org/details/wc2007-03-09.oktava.shnf