Jambands.ca

Official 2007 NHL Trade Thread

badams

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

So the Habs picked up a goalie who is on his fourth team of the year, and that's it... meanwhile all the other teams that are competing for that 8th playoff spot made SIGNIFICANT additions.

WOW.

I can't believe the Oilers dealt Smyth (goodbye playoff chances this year), but they did get decent return for him. I don't think Nilsson will ever make an impact in the NHL but O'Marra is a blue-chipper. The Isles made some interesting pick-ups in Smyth and Zednik for a team that's still on the cusp. They could do some damage if DiPietro gets hot.

Saprykin is a bum. That move will have zero impact.

I like the Bertuzzi deal, looks like the Wings only gave up a conditional pick. If Bert ever gets healthy he'll be a tear to prove himself and earn a contract for next year.

Another interesting deal that probably gets buried under the headlines today is Alex Bourret (very highly rated offensive prospect) from Atlanta to NYR for a marginal player in Pascal Dupuis.

Special thanks to DaveO, Jaimoe and DaveyBoy for keeping me updated. It was a far busier day than I thought it would be. Low Roller, dont be surprised MTL didnt do anything. They dont have a team to do any significant damage in the playoffs so why would they mortgage their future?

Use your fucking brain.

I'M BACK, BAAAAAABY!

Short Term Winners: Toronto, Isles

Long Term Winners: Ottawa... cause they acutally got something

Do Nothing award: Montreal (That's right... Mark Leighton doesn't count for anything) - So... does that mean you fold?

Should be fun watching you guys kill each other for the 8th spot...... fingers crossed the Sens don't implode over the next month. C'mon 8 wins!!!!

Boyes played like poop most of the season, he's only played well during Bostons recent streak. Perhaps Wideman is a player the new Boston GM can work with... kind of like Sapryikin with Muckler, if he can learn to play defence, which the Sens are apparantley good at teaching, it'll look pretty sweet for a 3rd rounder... especially since that 3rd rounder hasn't put up 30pts in an NHL season (with 20 games left to play). Without committing to specifics, you've managed to call me out... who is your favourite team exactly Jaimoe?