Jambands.ca

Official 2007 NHL Trade Thread

badams

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad Boyes has had a horrible, horrible year. It's making his rookie campaign look like a fluke. Don't forget he's 24 years old, it took him a number of years to crack an NHL line-up.

Wideman is a decent stay-at-home Dman with some offensive upside.

Winners and losers? I was stuck in meetings half the afternoon and then my internet went down, give me a few minutes to digest all of this...

The more I think about it, I think Kevin Lowe made an emotional, reactionary move and got absolutely fleeced.

Ryan Smyth is arguably the best player moved today. St. Louis got better deals for both Tkachuk and Guerin. Ryan O'Marra is likely going be a solid 3rd line, 2-way player. I don't know if he'll amount to anything more.

Tkachuk for a roster player (Metropolit), 2007 1st and 3rd round picks, 2008 2nd round pick

Guerin for a roster player (Nieminen), a prospect (Barriball), 2007 1st round pick

Which Buffalo Sabres team would you rather head into the playoffs with?

a) with Martin Biron and Jiri Novotny

or

B) with Ty Conklin and Dainius Zubrus

???

I don't get that series of moves at all. When was the last time Zubrus did anything with a linemate not named "Ovechkin"?

Oh that's right, never.

The more I think about it, I think Kevin Lowe made an emotional, reactionary move and got absolutely fleeced.

That is exactly what my next door neighbour said to me 5 minutes ago. He is also convinced that was the best player and the hugest move of the day.

Brad Boyes has had a horrible, horrible year. It's making his rookie campaign look like a fluke. Don't forget he's 24 years old, it took him a number of years to crack an NHL line-up.

Fair enough but he is only 24 at the same time. ;) Maybe I am blind on this one but I was shocked reading it. It might be as simple as my not really knowing much about Wideman. I was willing to guess that Boyes was running through the sophmore jinx because last year was really his first year. Let's not forget there was a lock-out.

First GM to get canned this summer if his team doesn't go deep into the playoffs?

- Don Waddell, Atlanta

What he got: Alexei Zhitnik, Tkachuk, Pascal Dupuis

What he gave up: Braydon Coburn, Alex Bourret, Glen Metropolit, 2007 1st and 3rd round picks, 2008 2nd round pick and I think another 3rd rounder in the Dupuis deal.

I'm not so bad now am I Andre?

Here's the deal Ollie, just so you understand:

Dave, do you own any Calgary apparel? Do you own any Leaf apparel? What about fridge magnets? What about ALL our hockey conversations over the years? Who do you talk more about? Calgary or the Leafs?

Being a flamer and being a Flames fan are vastly different. Every Canadian hockey fan east of Manitoba loves Phaneuf. Dont kid yourself Leaf lover. Its time to embrace your true passion.

Its still his second full season playing in the NHL I think thats what he is getting at. Hence, sophmore jinx.

I believe he's not getting at that. Phaneuf is not having a sophmore jinx either. Anyone with a hockey brain should love that fucking mean and talented bastard Phaneuf.

Yanic Perreault To Toronto for Brendan Bell and 2nd Rd pick

Sweet deal!

After last night's game losing all the faceoffs (and being 28th in the league) this is a great deal.

Welcome back Yanic

I dunno.

Looks like a play-off push rather than long-term thinking. The Leafs should be thinking about goaltending before anything else. Instead, they're giving up a talented defenceman and, more importantly, a second-round draft pick for an aged veteran who may not be around for more than a year, all in the unlikely hopes of making the play-offs.

How many centres do they need? Sundin, Stajan, Wellwood, Greene, Peca, Pohl, Perrault? I know that Stajan and Pohl are equally useful on the wings, but really - with post-season chances so dim, why give up a young prospect for a journeyman, especially when you might need Bell down the road when they ditch McCabe and Kubina and Colliacovo has his twentieth injury?

YOWZA!!! That Smyth deal is crazy...What's with Lowe and emotions...Might have something to do with Messier's jersey tonight....

Smyth should have been "the" guy in Edmonton, apparently they were off 200000-300000 in negotiations. They should have given it to him...He never got what he deserved in Edmonton...

Do the Isles sign him long term?

I know absolutely nothing about that dude Ottawa picked up today...so I can't really comment...Think maybe he'll play on wing so they can put Schubs back on D?