Jambands.ca

Places in Ottawa with British Feel/Sound

Jordan Patrick

Hey guys,

I've met a very nice brit who's completely alone here in Ottawa, and so I'm thinking of places to bring her here in Ottawa that might have some familiar feeling to it. Since I'm spoken for, this is not technically a date. I just want to bring her out for some fun.

The only thing I can think of that's remotely like a British pub and will sometimes place some celtic tunes would be Heart and Crown or Grace O Mallies. Any suggestions? Or upcoming shows to check out?

Edited by Guest

There are a few Royal Oak Pubs around Ottawa, and they have a pretty good British feel to them. Patty Boland's bills itself as an Irish pub, but it's a nice place, too.

You might also try The Arrow & Loon in The Glebe (Bank St., South of the Queensway). To me, it's a good Canadia pub (though a Brit wouldn't feel out of place), and has a great beer selection to boot.

Aloha,

Brad

Just find a dirty hole somewhere where everybody is drunk and beligerant' date=' and she'll be right at home.

[/quote']

The Dominion Pub. I love that place....lotso interesting drunk folks.

Agreed. I also love how, while it looks like an (American) biker bar, it has a surprisingly wide and good selection of beers, including Ontario micro-brews. (Anybody remember seeing nero there, Hallowe'en, 2001? :o )

Aloha,

Brad

Wow thanks for all the suggestions folks, I'd think that at least half of you were interested in meeting her (which could be arranged, of course). Because I'm a busy guy, once I get her some friends, believe me it would not be hard to get her to go out again.

Anyways, haven't been to the Cock and Clam myself Bouche, unless you mean the Cock N' Bull (which I doubt). Is that even a bar? I mean, really that sounds like a strip joint. I said Ba-ri-tish. :P

Thanks again guys, I'll see if I can time a night where they might actually have a performance or two that she might groove too. She's really a groovy chick!