Jambands.ca

Work Pet Peeves

LJFH

I was on the phone at my desk this morning...(not on a work related call mind you, but...this girl comes up and stands right in front of me.

Instead of acknowledging that I was on the phone, leaving and coming back later when I wasn't busy, she proceeds to stand there...which meant that I couldn't have a private conversation as she was now the third party to it.

When I put the person on hold for a second to see what she wanted, she goes "oh, sorry". As if!

Why are people so damn ignorant.....grrrrrr

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's one of mine: people who fill up white boards in (shared) meeting rooms, then write "Please Leave On" on them. One room (that we use for a weekly group meeting) has only one white board, and last week, someone had done this.

Hey, bozo! If the stuff that you wrote on the board is so all-fired important, write it down on paper. You've probably got a laptop, use it! Have somebody takes notes during the meeting, or at least hang around after the meeting, or come back later in the day, and transcribe what you wrote on the board. You want me to please you, by leaving it on the board? How long, o great one? In perpetuity? Oh, and thanks for doing it anonymously, you simpering inconsiderate idiot; I'd hate to be able to check with you before I decide to erase it a week later.

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller

Sounds like your company needs one of these Bradm. We use it here at work, and it's absolutely brilliant.

As for my pet peave, my biggest one is being given instruction from someone that I don't consider my direct superior.

As for my pet peave, my biggest one is being given instruction from someone that I don't consider my direct superior.

I'm with ya. Here we call them Project Managers. They see "manager" in their job title and think it entitles them to order us around and make jokes about whether we'll get paid or not. Heelarious.

Guest Low Roller
As for my pet peave' date=' my biggest one is being given instruction from someone that I don't consider my direct superior.[/quote']

I'm with ya. Here we call them Project Managers. They see "manager" in their job title and think it entitles them to order us around and make jokes about whether we'll get paid or not. Heelarious.

I belong to this vile group of PMs.

Guest Low Roller
peeking donw on what HELL really looks like:

mezzanine.jpg

I would kill for a cubicle.

We have an 'open office concept' that brings way too much humanity into what should be a quiet, sterile, and efficient work environment.

dsc_1191.jpg

One guy, whenever he needs to talk to me, comes up behind me, pulls up a chair from an unused desk and sits quietly waiting for me to get done whatever i'm doing and say "Yes, can I help you?" Half the time I have NO IDEA that he's even there, which then gives me a creepy feeling like he's a psycho stalker or something after he's been sitting there for ten minutes. Why doesn't he just come up and say "Can you help me with blah blah blah"!!?!

I also hate listening to people's annoying fake laughs. One girl has the most annoying fake laugh that I have ever heard. Every time it comes out of her mouth I want to spaz and punch her. But I don't.

And I hate how IT people seem to think they own the company. Yes, I GET IT. My computer isn't MY personal property. But neither is it yours SO F OFF!

:)

I also hate listening to people's annoying fake laughs. One girl has the most annoying fake laugh that I have ever heard. Every time it comes out of her mouth I want to spaz and punch her. But I don't.

And the annoying fake laugh usually reverberates throughout the whole office. "Listen to me everybody, I live such a carefree existence! Tra-la-la-la-la."

These are the type of people that eventually end up on stress leave when they realize everyone's laughing at them, not with them.

Oh yeah, we have a PM that does this. Double whammy.

our hr manager has THE worst... we should pair them up somehow and get them to fake laugh together ... maybe it would cause them both to blow up or something..ha :)

I work alongside a lovely woman.

Having said that allow me please to rant about her. This person is a habitual sound-maker. Mumbling to herself, talking to her computer screen, arguing with her pen, asking herself questions out loud, humming a different tune than that which is on the radio, or humming along to the song on the radio without knowing how it goes. Not enough? Oh then there's the tendency to lapse into "accents" when speaking (even to herself), which in turn leads to a sort of pre-linguistic utterance of grunts and tones, usually exaggerated and repeated until I get up to just leave the room. Oh, she likes to talk to the radio, argue with the news reporter, the weatherman, the commercial, whatever. Oftentimes a single word will trigger a repetitive combination of much of the above. So, a commercial might have the word "cafe" in it, and for the next two or three minutes, I have this woman mumbling "cafe.... ca-fe.... ca-fey..... CA-fe...... CA-FEYFEY...... cu-fuy...... ca-fu...... cu-fa......", usually in exaggerated grunts, pseudo-Mexican accents, and interspersed with the hacking cough of a committed and proud smoker.

Did I mention that when not making sounds, she sometimes likes to just smile and stare? "uh, what's up?" "oh, nothing, just looking at you."

f-u-u-ck.

This essentially is my day, everyday, Monday to Friday.