Jambands.ca

Work Pet Peeves

LJFH

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I'm working at home, I let the rabbit out to run around, and whenever she gets behind the stereo she chews through the RCA and speaker cables. That really pisses me off.

Does that count?

At school, though, what gets to me are the students who don't show up half the time (or worse), never take notes, never buy or even look at the textbook, try yakking away through class (if they keep it up, they get kicked out), and then want to argue heatedly with me over the crappy marks they end up getting as a result.

Actually, there are a lot of things students can do that tick me off, but I think I'll stop with that one.

When I'm working at home, I let the rabbit out to run around, and whenever she gets behind the stereo she chews through the RCA and speaker cables. That really pisses me off.

Does that count?

You're at work, the rabbit's a pet, and you're getting peeved...sounds like it qualifies in a triple way. Well done!

Aloha,

Brad

I was on the phone at my desk this morning...(not on a work related call mind you, but...this girl comes up and stands right in front of me.

Instead of acknowledging that I was on the phone, leaving and coming back later when I wasn't busy, she proceeds to stand there...which meant that I couldn't have a private conversation as she was now the third party to it.

When I put the person on hold for a second to see what she wanted, she goes "oh, sorry". As if!

Why are people so damn ignorant.....grrrrrr

That has happened to me 4 times today

The fake laugh really gets to me too. Maybe it isn't fake... I don't know... if it isn't fake though, the two people who do it at my work place must have a mental disorder which has them laughing very hard at things that could not in any situation be seen as being remotely something to laugh at. I cringe in my mind and maintain a blank expression as to not show my actual emotion of absolute annoyance.

Oh, and two other ladies here think they are cute or 20 years younger or something if they baby talk. Also, very annoying.

There are probably about 50 other things that I could mention.. that's enough though.

This one guy comes up to me and has conversations with me that hes already started with himself, moments earlier. All I get is something like this:

MArcel: So how am I supposed to get the potatoes down without a ladder?

Me: Marcel, man, you gotta start from the beginning or I have no idea what your talking about.

Then he lapses in to a long boring story about how his potatoes got on the roof and how someone has done him wrong by not leaving him a ladder. Happens all the time with him. I cant say it really annoys me though, I find it pretty amusing. Oh well.

And DEM, I was one of those students, but I always had the better sense not to argue my grades. :P

or like when you're trying to have a nice little washroom wank after lunch and people keep coming in to the stall beside you and saying "What's all that noise" and you're like "duh"

i hate that

Try the other gender's washroom. Or sit there and make sniffing noises as well.

Aloha,

Brad

Actually, there are a lot of things students can do that tick me off ...

like when their grandmother keeps dieing ... again, and again ... ?

or, when they see you in the hall after they skipped a a class and suddenly begin limping, or coughing, or grasping frantically at their chest ... ?

or, my personal favourite ... "hey, maybe we could come to an arrangement about my grade".

I hate cake day

What's "cake day"?

Aloha' date='

Brad[/quote']

Every month "they" buy a cake to celebrate everyones birthday of that month...and we all squeeze into the kitchen and eat cheap nasty grocery store cake and the lifers end up talking about their diets and how crapy their home life is