Jambands.ca

Work Pet Peeves

LJFH

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

We have that! Except that when it's someone's b-day that person has to buy cakes for everyone else!! We're an office of 120 people... It gets kinda expensive.

We have that too! (Not the buying of the own cake thing). We had cake day on Tuesday and the cake tasted like cardboard. The only thing I liked was being able to repeatedly say the word "youze" while singing Happy friggin' birthday. We switched it up this week from the normal grocery store cake from Sobeys to a junk drawer cake from the Dutch Market here in Chatham. This cake came adorned with grapes, chocolate fan wheels, coffee beans, wine gums and some kind of sawdust like side coverage. It was disgusting.

OH.MY.GOD.

THIS is why I love you all and this site....this thread has brought me so many much-needed belly laughs!! (and not at all at your expense, but at your descriptions of the absurdities you deal with every day. Believe it or not, I sometimes really long for an office job.)

I'm finally back on the Board, after many, many days of stress and sleepless nights, concerning a student whose off-the-charts anger issues had me fear for my (and my other students' safety) I was worried he would physically attack me (or one of my other students.) I was indeed fearful for my safety. The good news: he has been removed from my program AND he doesn't know where I live!!

I finally understand that cliche...a weight lifted from one's shoulders!!!!!

I have no idea if this has been staged or not...but this German kid's rage is an indication of the anti-social behaviour becoming more and more common in our schools.

It really is no wonder I come home from work most nights terribly depressed.

sorry for the downer, folks...but seriously...where the fuck is it all going?

Yup, very glad that dark, dark cloud has passed. We're all breathing a little easier. He shouldn't have even been there to start with, by all accounts.

I expect that class will take off in wonderful ways, too. I was saying her that it reminded me of a youth hostel we stayed in for a few weeks in Crete that had an atmosphere contaminated by this really, really obnoxious Cockney prick (and I mean really obnoxious); once he finally left, everybody at that place breathed a big collective sigh of relief and then suddenly gelled. It's so unfortunate when that one bad apple throws everything off - but then so refreshing when it's chucked out of the basket.

Edited by Guest
forgot a definite article in there

I dont know why I tell my co-workers ANYTHING about the jobs I am working on. They always freak out because I tend to go outside of the normal parameters to get shit done. Stuff like "If you get caught, you could get in trouble."

How many times will it have to take for me to explain to them that this is the nature of the beast that we work for? Every answer we are looking for isnt going to be an office policy. Its impossible.

Not only that but I hate the way the one dude says my name. Its always with this drawn-out whiny, question-tone to it.

"Aaaaaaaaandreeeeeeeeee???????"

Fuck. I want to kill right now.

I dont know why I tell my co-workers ANYTHING about the jobs I am working on. They always freak out because I tend to go outside of the normal parameters to get shit done. Stuff like "If you get caught, you could get in trouble."

How many times will it have to take for me to explain to them that this is the nature of the beast that we work for? Every answer we are looking for isnt going to be an office policy. Its impossible.

Not only that but I hate the way the one dude says my name. Its always with this drawn-out whiny, question-tone to it.

"Aaaaaaaaandreeeeeeeeee???????"

Fuck. I want to kill right now.

Give him the Shanghai Surprise!

FINALLY we received this email today and its about time

Due to the health concerns that can arise from exposure to scented products, we are instituting a policy to provide a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors in our offices. While we acknowledge that the medical community is uncertain if there is a cause-and-effect relationship between scents and disease, we respect the symptoms experienced by members of staff. Going forward, we would request that the use of scented products be curtailed as much as possible. In addition, moving forward we will attempt to ensure that all materials used for cleaning in the office will be scent-free (where ever possible).

I had a moment of panic yesterday at cake hour when the perfume lady came in and was heading towards the seat beside me and thought “should I just leave if she sits next to me�! She wears the bad 80's perfume...it actually has a taste.

I work alongside a lovely woman.

Having said that allow me please to rant about her. This person is a habitual sound-maker. Mumbling to herself, talking to her computer screen, arguing with her pen, asking herself questions out loud, humming a different tune than that which is on the radio, or humming along to the song on the radio without knowing how it goes. Not enough? Oh then there's the tendency to lapse into "accents" when speaking (even to herself), which in turn leads to a sort of pre-linguistic utterance of grunts and tones, usually exaggerated and repeated until I get up to just leave the room. Oh, she likes to talk to the radio, argue with the news reporter, the weatherman, the commercial, whatever. Oftentimes a single word will trigger a repetitive combination of much of the above. So, a commercial might have the word "cafe" in it, and for the next two or three minutes, I have this woman mumbling "cafe.... ca-fe.... ca-fey..... CA-fe...... CA-FEYFEY...... cu-fuy...... ca-fu...... cu-fa......", usually in exaggerated grunts, pseudo-Mexican accents, and interspersed with the hacking cough of a committed and proud smoker.

Did I mention that when not making sounds, she sometimes likes to just smile and stare? "uh, what's up?" "oh, nothing, just looking at you."

f-u-u-ck.

This essentially is my day, everyday, Monday to Friday.

oh and another fucking thing which I was just unfortunately reminded of.

This woman CANNOT speak of food in any way without accompnaying it with loud slurping sounds and smacking her lips in the most disgusting way. It's fucking rude and I fucking hate it.

the weekend can't come soon enough and it's only Monday!