Jambands.ca

Go Raptors Go - Fan Forum

Jaimoe

I really don't understand why they weren't fouling Shaq with 4+ minutes to go - he got a couple of easy buckets when he would have struggled to make one of two each time form the line.

Hopefully they can come back tonight with a win in Orlando, then trounce a BAD Philly team on Friday.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While second isn't out of the question, the fact that they would need to pass 2 teams makes it highly unlikely.

The best case scenario for the Raps is to finish in the 3 seed and have Washington hold on to 6th. Raptors need to finish off the season 4 and 1 to guarantee the 3 seed and home court in round one - tonight's game in Minny is crucial, with 2 games vs. Detroit upcoming.

Don't look now, but the Nets have a shot of catching that 6th seed too.

The Bobcats did the Raps a real favour sweeping the Heat in a home and home series. Raptors magic number to clinch the 3 seed and homecourt advantage in the first round is now 2. 2 Raps wins or Heat losses it's a done deal.

Flip Saunders (Head Coach, Pistons) has said that he will rest his starters the rest of the way, so with two games upcoming against the Pistons, and games against Philly and New York, you gotta think the 3 seed is locked in.

Our playoff tickets arrived today!

:)

In about 11 hours, we will know who the Raps will be hosting in the first round. I think the Nets will lose to Chicago tonight, as the Bulls need the win (or a Cleveland loss to the miserable Bucks) to secure the 2 seed. That being said, it should all come down to Washington's game vs. the Pacers tonight. If the Nets lose AND the Wiz win, we face the Wizards, otherwise, Wince Harder and the Nets are the opponent. Don't think you can get a more intense first round match-up than that.

We did our season ticket draft for the playoffs round 1, and I will be at Game 2 and Game 7 (if nec.)

I need tickets if anyone can hook me up. The cheapest seats still available are in the $600 range and that's too much for me.

Kidd says Carter wants to face the Raptors

Vince Carter - G/F - NJ - Apr. 18 - 9:53 am et

Although he's publicly acting as if he is not aware that the Nets may take on the Raptors in the first round, Vince Carter is craving a chance to face his ex-team, according to Jason Kidd.

"He wants it," Kidd said. "And I'm right behind him." Antoine Wright also said that Carter is excited by this prospect. If the Nets win or the Wizards lose tonight, it will be interesting to see how Carter deals with the added pressure of facing Toronto. He also has the added motivation of knowing that a big playoff could mean a big payoff if he opts out this summer as expected. This subplot could turn this into one of the best series of the opening round. Apr. 18 - 9:53 am et

I think home court advantage will be the deciding factor for the Raptors. They split the season series and we managed to hold Carter back on our home court. I think it'll be more of the same. Although I think those two home games were without Richard Jefferson. Shit I'm really not sure how i feel actually ... maybe I'm a bit worried. I probably should be. Vince can still light it up and he's got something to prove.

People might also remember Vince promising the Nets would come out on top and win the Division. I think the Nets feel pretty bitter about loosing it to the Raptors. They’re on mission. I think the Raps have more passion but the Nets are more experienced.

I think sometimes I’m sort of in denial as to how good the Raps really are, although I’ll be the first to praise them. We have several players that can match up against the Nets starters. If our bench can take the pressure and perform the way they have at times I think we’re in good shape. The Raps success has been from their depth combined with consistent play from a few keys players, plus the ability to overcome injuries and switch it up. Have the Raps been 100% healthy as team this season, other thn when they were 2-8? I 'm not a 100% sure but I don’t think so.

I just wish MoPete would finally get it together. He’s one of my favourite players as a person but one of the most inconsistent on the court. I feel sorry for him and I know his previous playoff experience, specifically against Detroit, really bothers him. I hope things start looking up for him. How’s his knee injury anyway ... I read it was mild, whatever that means.

Another thing that drives me nuts about Vice is when he tries to legitimize where they are in the standings (oh we’ve had injuries, blah, blah, blah, and if we were healthy, blah, blah, blah). Give me a break … The Raps had it worse and they've adapted better as a team.

Okay I'm feeling positive again about the situation. Way to hype myself up. I’ve had too many wobbly pops.

Go Raptors!!!

I don't think the Raps had it worse than the Nets. The Raps lost Garbo and Bargnani, but Jefferson is a bonifide all-star. They also lost Krstic and Eddie House. Sure, Bosh was out for a brief time and Parker and TJ were injured too, but the Nets did well to make it this far with a depleted line-up without the depth of Toronto. Don't get me wrong, I HATE the Nets, but they are a good team.

One thing I like about the Garbo injury is that it forced players to play to their capabilities or rediscover their talents, especially Humphries and Graham.

It's gonna be an entertaining series. I am praying to the basketball gods that we kick the shit out of the Nets and leave them reeling...but who knows what will happen. The playoffs are a different beast and the Raps haven't seen tried to tame it yet. Who knows...

and basher, I couldn't find these stream links you were talking about?