Jambands.ca

Go Raptors Go - Fan Forum

Jaimoe

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really though, the Raptors coasted into the playoffs with three straight losses and have played poorly in every game against the Nets. They got out-coached in last night's game - the Raps defended the paint well, but didn't prepare for the outside shooting. The game before they got smoked in the paint and defended outside ok. Bosh has no help and Moore looks like an allstar instead of a NBADL call-up.

Really though, the Raptors coasted into the playoffs with three straight losses

No they didn't.

It was two losses heading into the playoffs, one against Detroit, and the other we shouldn't have lost to Philadelphia by 3 points. And the starters didn't play much in those games and some of them didn't play at all. Before that we won 9 out of 10 games. I don't think that's coasting into the playoffs. But that's just my opinion.

Really though' date=' the Raptors coasted into the playoffs with three straight losses[/quote']

No they didn't.

It was two losses heading into the playoffs, one against Detroit, and the other we shouldn't have lost to Philadelphia by 3 points. And the starters didn't play much in those games and some of them didn't play at all. Before that we won 9 out of 10 games. I don't think that's coasting into the playoffs. But that's just my opinion.

You start resting starters = coasting in my books. They weren't mentally tough going in the last few regular season nothing games.

I guess if you put it that way quite a few teams coasted into the playoffs ... every team that had clinched their position rested their starters. Unfortunately with the Raptors I feel they should have kept the starters on the floor because of their lack of experience.

You start resting starters = coasting in my books.

I agree. It's a tough call though. What IF you play a couple of really valuable players in those "meaningless" games and they do get injured. There go the playoffs :( I think it's a drag for the fans too, since they were hoping (and paid) to see a team put forth their BEST lineup every night ... it ain't the preseason!!

This reminds me of NJ choosing NOT to play Brodeur at the end of the NHL reg season :P

Only 8 teams in basketball have rebounded from a 3-1 deficit in the playoffs ... or so i have heard. Raptor fans better lay it on Carter BIG TIME tonight. His numbers pale in comparison to when he's playing in NJ.

Great win. I don't know if they can win in new jersey but you never know. I wish they didn't let new jersey back in but with ford injured they put up a great fight. I am loving these nba playoffs. Anyone watching the golden state/mavericks game? Great game so far.

cheers,

Jake

They held on to that one last night. Doesn't fill you with a ton of confidence that they could allow that lead to slip away. Here's hoping they can do some miracle work in the swamp on Friday. Gawd, and people say the hockey playoffs take too long? This first round of bball is ridiculous.

miniglobe_recursive_005.jpg